THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If I read correctly on the JamboPits site, their cooking chambers are 7 guage which is 3/16th inch. I guess if it's good enough for the lamborghini of cookers it's good enough.

I've cooked on an old-style Lang 84 Deluxe several times and it is one awesome cooker.

Thinner metal on a MC would be a concern to me. You would have to weigh the options for yourself.

Dang Roger! I remember that!!!

IMHO, I would skip over the 48 and go with the 60. As shown above, you can fit a bunch of meat (the picture was of over 200 pounds) and with the single door you can do just about anything you want to cook, such as a couple of butts, briskets, and pastrami...
DSCF2485.jpg

DSCF2487.jpg

Or even...
DSCF0086.jpg

Here's another pic of the Lang gathering (Pigman mentioned in the earlier post) at PGBBQ 2010
(My 48, Divemaster's 60, BBQ Bubba's 84, and Pigman's Longneck 84... 23 feet of Langs)

picture.php

Just to show what can a little 48 hold...

10 butts... not even cramped.
picture.php

Loaded with over 130 lbs of brisket

P1010018-1.jpg

Didn't even hiccup with that load.

I have a Lang 84 Deluxe, and an MC PR60. I love my Lang, and I will always have one. The MC that I have is not an offset, but a pig roaster. I can say that they make a great quality product though. When all is said and done, I would have to go with the Lang.

OLD model Lang 1160 (before he renamed it to model 60) with warmer. This is what
now, 18 years+?

DSC00356.jpg

DSC00360.jpg

first_run.jpg

mycooker.jpg

Temps, front to back:
P1020014.jpg

Nice job on the temps.

That's one thing we found is that all night during a comp, we are running a difference of 5-10* front to back, over 5 feet of cooking space makes it nice and easy!

I picked up a Meadow Creek TS120 this morning, it made the 300 mile trip home just fine.

I got a great deal on the showroom model and its never been used, only a little drool on it.

Fantastic build quality, although I was not able to compare to a Lang but I am a happy camper.

You live in PA? go see Jesse at Meadow creek I think there stuff is built great and looks good too!! I am eyeing their BBQ42 Chicken Cooker.

bbq 001 (Small).jpg

I think you made a great choice on the MC. I've cooked on both the Lange 60 and the MC 120. Althou both cook similar, and seen no real difference in the thickness of the tank making one better than the other. With the MC shelves the slide in and out very easily and being stainless steel. Slide out ash pan in the firebox. The latches on the doors and the slides on the drafts just makes it better in my opinon. I will say the Lang 60 was an older one. not sure. so there could have been some changes I'm not aware of. I'd take either one, if I were buying I'd go with the MC. By the way, there are allot of us Yankees that can cook some damn good bbq.

Yankees and BBQ, I did not mean Yankees can not BBQ, only meant that when I lived in Georgia, every other house had a smoker of some sort, when I moved back to the northeast had a much harder time finding any BBQ.

I believe its catching on more and more up here and thats a good thing, would love to see competitions as often as they are down south.

Yankees and BBQ, I did not mean Yankees can not BBQ, only meant that when I lived in Georgia, every other house had a smoker of some sort, when I moved back to the northeast had a much harder time finding any BBQ.

I believe its catching on more and more up here and thats a good thing, would love to see competitions as often as they are down south.

I think the reason us Yankees don't Slow BBQ is because we are all strung out. Everything has to be fast and now. It is kind of still a novelty here not the norm. Went to a Giant game saw one smoker. How many smokers show up at a Houston game?

I sell meadow creek so understand that. But I love everything about the company and the products they make...I have a little ts60 and it is built like a tank...The chicken cookers are just fabulous as are the pigroasters.

I think that you have picked two fine cookers and probably cant go wrong with either

I picked up a Meadow Creek TS120 this morning, it made the 300 mile trip home just fine.

I got a great deal on the showroom model and its never been used, only a little drool on it.

Fantastic build quality, although I was not able to compare to a Lang but I am a happy camper.

I'm loving this thread as I am considering both units as well. Although, the trip to New Holland, PA is a short one for me, I still want to want the best choice possible the first time. Lang's look very nice!

The MC120 has a little bit bigger cooking area and I like the slide out shelves and fire box. Again, the trip to PA is a lot shorter than GA.

This is really sad, but, when we were up at the New Holland contest earlier this year, we stopped by the show-room store for MC. The guy told us that they were offering 5% discount for the contest event.

And, here is the real kicker: My wife says, "Go ahead and get one now. Get it with the BBQ26 chicken cooker (as we had just had some of the chicken cooked on a larger cooker at the contest and she loved the chicken) and, you might as well add the PR60 Pig cooker." I was so taken back by this, I had "buyers remorse"! And I hadn't even purchased anything!!!!

Oh well, I'm think I'm glad I didn't at the time as I still need to learn as much as I can before that big of a purchase. That's a lot of cash!!!!!!

Please post your thoughts on your new smoker; I'm listening!!!

Congrats!!

wallace

Back