THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OK...I'll bite....why is your Lang named "Marie"? I would get it if you called her "KD"!!! Get it??? KD Lang! I crack myself up!!!!
I thought about KD, but one of my favorite songs growing up was "Marie Laveau" by Bobby Bare. It's about a louisiana witch... We just switched pig for man in the tag line: "another man done gone!"

dang good looking cooking there and that phone takes some good closeup shots fer a phone. I agree on the spatches vs beer can (why do it). What spices are you putting on dem birds - it looks good.

We just season the birds with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and any other mixture of spices that hit us at the time. Then we soak the birds for at least a couple of hours in a marinade of italian dressing and warchestershire sauce, basting regularly. I place a pan under the birds, and pour any remaining marinade into the pan. It's amazing how something so simple comes out so good every time!

When I get home, I'll try to post a pic of the grill setup.

Here is a pretty good pick of how we set up the kettle for chicken. Indirect heat, with a foil half pan below the chickens with the leftover marinade. Works great everytime!

SpatchcockandSpatcher002.jpg

August2009Bravesgame002.jpg

Back