THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grabnabber

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
grabnabber
Hi Folks-

Over the holiday weekend some of my family members went on a little fishing trip to celebrate Labor Day and my brother's 40th birthday. Can't even tell you the last time we all got together to do something like this even though we all love to fish! When my bro and I were kids, my mom would take us to the local lakes and fish with us. Good times and we learned how to fish from her.

We decided to charter a boat for a half day fishing trip out of one of the local marinas.

Mom brought the beer and I brought some snacks for us nibble on...

I pulled the skin off a dozen chicken thighs and marinated them overnight in using Phrasty's jerk marinade recipe. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36577

002-1.jpg

Threw those on the small BGE at 400* for about 25-30 minutes. I turned them two or three times and yanked 'em off at 165* internal.

004-1.jpg

Did two batches of thighs and let them rest. Very juicy! :-D

006.jpg

Once those were done I whipped up a few breakfast sandwiches for the trip. Just some biscuits out of a can plus sliced medium cheddar, a few pieces of thick-cut bacon and an egg over easy fried up in the bacon fat.

I love bacon fat. :thumb:

008.jpg

Once that was done I went to sleep dreaming of trophy fish and boody decks.

Heading out to the fishing grounds:

009-1.jpg

Good morning sunshine!

013.jpg

Mom, bro, nephew, nephew (one more nephew below decks).

011-1.jpg

Did a little downriggin' for salmon.

012.jpg

My nephew caught his first steelhead! He was beyond stoked!

014.jpg

My brother got the big one today- the lucky farker!

015.jpg

Oh, and I got one, too! I know what to do with YOU, Mr. Fish... You might see him in a future thread. Who knows? :becky:

017.jpg

Great day with the family on the water- hope to try again someday soon. Everybody ate the breakfast sandwiches and the chicken and loved it. Thanks to Phrasty for the jerk marinade recipe- holy fark it was soooo good and spicy! Everybody said their lips were on fire after biting into it! :heh:

I am just thankful for my family and that we are able to get together for special occasions like this.

Thanks for looking!

nice job on the food and the fish! Dunno about where you fished but it's been terrible here on western end of lake erie. they gale warnings friday night. I've been sittin' on the porch all weekend, LOL

Looks like egg is doing you good, I sure mis her. Also looks like a good time was had by all. That is what life is about right there.

Back