THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home Depot and getting over the "limit".....

So my Lowe's tried to play hardball with their stupid 2 pack limit. So....cruised over to the Home Depot website, plugged in my 10 pack request....and VOILA...I can go pick up all 10 in 2 hrs :becky::becky:

costco has 40 pound bags of el diablo mesquite lump charcoal for $13 and that is not a sale price. couldnt resist so i grabbed two. havent tried it yet.

I see Stubbs 15 lb bag for $7.87 at Walmart. Is that the normal price?

That's the normal price.

Heb has their all natural briquettes for $5.97 for 16.6LB bags. Good stuff, no thick smoke or funky odors

What a PITA.......Tried going thru my comp,then the wifes comp yesterday(Sun) for the coupon(Lowes, $10 off over $50, email deal)....No go...Kept getting an error screen with 'try back later'...Could get the other offer on her phone, but it never shows up on email, so....Tried early this am(Mon) to no avail...Stopped at Lowes and showed them(phone app) and talked to mgr, to no avail!!! Said I needed the coupon...Called Lowes and one of the reps said, "No problem sir, I will mail you a coupon 'shortly'..."......"Will not be the e-mail one, but $10 off $50 or more"....OK, so 2 hours later I call back and talk to Rebecca(rep) who informs me that it may take a week to arrive????? BY E-MAIL?????? Yep....Charcoal goes off sale today.....Very good possibility I will spend my money at Walmart for charcoal...Tools, I like HD better anyways....Rant over, for now

What a PITA.......Tried going thru my comp,then the wifes comp yesterday(Sun) for the coupon(Lowes, $10 off over $50, email deal)....No go...Kept getting an error screen with 'try back later'...Could get the other offer on her phone, but it never shows up on email, so....Tried early this am(Mon) to no avail...Stopped at Lowes and showed them(phone app) and talked to mgr, to no avail!!! Said I needed the coupon...Called Lowes and one of the reps said, "No problem sir, I will mail you a coupon 'shortly'..."......"Will not be the e-mail one, but $10 off $50 or more"....OK, so 2 hours later I call back and talk to Rebecca(rep) who informs me that it may take a week to arrive????? BY E-MAIL?????? Yep....Charcoal goes off sale today.....Very good possibility I will spend my money at Walmart for charcoal...Tools, I like HD better anyways....Rant over, for now

Can you take a screen shot of the coupon and then send it to yourself or your wife computer? Then you can take it to Lowes or HD.

BTW, Lowes has a 2 pack limit. But I went to Customer service and asked very nicely if they would make an exception to the limit and, after a phone call to someone, was told that they would. Otherwise just goto HD's Customer Service counter. The don't have a limit.

f47c7230-3c7d-4967-982b-8dc8b8a25965_400.jpg

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Kingsford-18-6-lb-Charcoal-Briquets-2-Bag-4460031239/205796026

Yea I couldn't even get the link for email alerts. Didnt sweat it really, went to Home Depot and got 4. Should hold me over until the next time they're on sale since I only use it when I light up the WSM. The way I saw it, I still saved 40 bucks, which is a tasty brisket and some beer :)

I just picked up this deal at Home Depot this evening near me. 2 bags of KBB for $9.88. Incidentally, I also picked up 2 bags of Embers that they recently started carrying. I've never tried the stuff. Would have bought one but my 3.5 year old insisted I get a second one (???). Who was I to disagree? Also picked up some pecan chunks. I don't think I've ever smoked over pecan. I've used a ton of hickory, apple and cherry in the past. A little mesquite but not for years. And recently have been playing with Oak. Just figured I'd give it a try.

Can you take a screen shot of the coupon and then send it to yourself or your wife computer? Then you can take it to Lowes or HD.

BTW, Lowes has a 2 pack limit. But I went to Customer service and asked very nicely if they would make an exception to the limit and, after a phone call to someone, was told that they would. Otherwise just goto HD's Customer Service counter. The don't have a limit.

No....Could not get the coupon to show...Just kept saying there was an error, basically...HD has same price, but the nearest one is about an hour...Will try later to see 'if' Lowes will honor the HD sale and I get the coupon....My Lowes did say they would sell me 5 packs(10 bags)though...Just trying to get 20% off...

Oh and when my wife went to the garage and saw how much I bought she's said "Jeeeesuuuus man I thought you said you bought 4!?!" And I said "Yea, there are 4 2-packs" lol

Back