THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks for all the kind words. I really don't know what a real McRib sandwich tastes like, and I don't know if anyone else would have hit it, but I certainly did. That thing is ancient history! Deboning a rack of ribs wasn't all that involved, and I will definitely be doing this again!

Personally I do not like Micky D's McRibs and as far as I am concerned do not deserve to have rib in the name. Now what you have done can and does deserve to be called McRib. Nice job and boy do they look good. Thanks for posting.

Sandwich looks amazing. However, the Big Mac thing... I dunno know. Well I have always been a Quarter pounder with cheese...

Looks great, question about the Sweet Baby Rays, do you paint it on then recook?

I reduced the sauce in a saucepan until it got real thick and sticky (watch that it doesn't burn!). Then painted it on in layers with a basting brush. I was going for that sticky sweet look. I didn't want it to be runny. I also didn't want it to brown too much by putting it on while the rib was still cooking on the grill.

Thank you Bob! I know what you mean about McD's. I've got one kid who absolutely won't eat anything from there because the teachers have brainwashed him at school saying that McD's is evil or poisonous or something. But most of us grew up on the stuff.

There is this one total comfort food dish I want to share with you, should the mood to try something new strike you. Go to McDonalds and order a Big Mac meal with large fries and a large regular coke. Bring it all home. Get your rice cooker going with one cup of rice...no water! Then dump the Coke in with the rice, followed by the whole Big Mac...top it all off with all the fries. Close the hatch and let her cook. When the rice cooker switches off, get a big spoon, open her up, and mix up all the contents of the cooker, cutting everything into small pieces as you mix. When things cool down to your liking, dig in with the big spoon. I kid you not, you're not gonna stop until you reach the clean bottom of the bowl.

You're gonna have to show me what this concoction looks like some time :grin:

There is this one total comfort food dish I want to share with you, should the mood to try something new strike you. Go to McDonalds and order a Big Mac meal with large fries and a large regular coke. Bring it all home. Get your rice cooker going with one cup of rice...no water! Then dump the Coke in with the rice, followed by the whole Big Mac...top it all off with all the fries. Close the hatch and let her cook. When the rice cooker switches off, get a big spoon, open her up, and mix up all the contents of the cooker, cutting everything into small pieces as you mix. When things cool down to your liking, dig in with the big spoon. I kid you not, you're not gonna stop until you reach the clean bottom of the bowl.[/QUOTE]

Looking this up on the interwebs and it appears to be a Japanese thing? there are a few videos on youtube about this. Hmmmm:sick:

You're gonna have to show me what this concoction looks like some time :grin:

Looking this up on the interwebs and it appears to be a Japanese thing? there are a few videos on youtube about this. Hmmmm:sick:

I don't have my own pics handy at the moment, but check this page out for details on the original McMiracle Rice.

McMiracle Rice

Couple of notes: They recommend not using regular Coke because of the sweetness, but I think that can be balanced out with more rice and seasoning (salt). They also still added water for the rice, but with a large Coke I don't think that is necessary...also, I generally like my rice more sticky/less soupy. Obviously having the Big Mac sitting on top of the fries makes for a better presentation, but I think putting the Big Mac closer to the rice and water helps it to break apart once it's "cooked" and avoids the chance of chewy bread. Chicken nuggets are optional, as always...better yet, drop a McChicken sandwich into the mix and call it a day! LOL. :loco:

Back