Kosher salt to black pepper ratio on brisket

I keep reading where people are saying that Aaron Franklin says to do the salt and pepper by weight and not volume . I have watched his videos and read his book, and never heard him say that. His book just says equal parts. If you watch his brisket video it shows him start with 2 small plastic cups with equal amounts of salt and pepper, then pour the entire pepper cup in the bigger cup and only part of the salt cup in the bigger cup. Am I missing something on the measure by weight? I understand that salt weighs more than pepper, just never heard him say to measure by weight

1:1 is the only correct ratio of matter to anti-matter and is also so with S&P... Sorry, my Trek is showing. Taste is subjective. Mess around with it, find what works for you and when you've figured out an award winning formula -share it with us! :wink:

I keep reading where people are saying that Aaron Franklin says to do the salt and pepper by weight and not volume . I have watched his videos and read his book, and never heard him say that. His book just says equal parts. If you watch his brisket video it shows him start with 2 small plastic cups with equal amounts of salt and pepper, then pour the entire pepper cup in the bigger cup and only part of the salt cup in the bigger cup. Am I missing something on the measure by weight? I understand that salt weighs more than pepper, just never heard him say to measure by weight

BluDawg is the one that says to do the salt and pepper by weight, not volume. You are correct that Franklin says equal parts of Morton Kosher Salt and 16 mesh Black Pepper in his book.

I use 50 50 salt pepper same as Aaron Franklin I guess there is no magic number if it is too salty for u cut back it's just perfect for me any little bit of garlic is too much for me so I don't use it but alot of people love garlic

I like salt in my beer never asked how much I should use I guess it depends on how much I drink

Back