THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mahenryak

Full Fledged Farker
I have some small drumsticks with skin marinating in a Korean Marinade overnight. The marinade has water, soy sauce, brown sugar listed as the top three ingredients. I plan to cook on a pellet grill tomorrow. I want to put some smoke on them so I am thinking of starting them out at 180 for an hour. I am concerned about making the skin palatable. I have had success with cooking at 250 for an hour or two before but this was with a dry rub. I'm thinking of ramping up to about 325 F after the smoking session. Again, these are very small drumsticks. Any thoughts out there?

Last edited:
Couple options are to grill or deep fry after the smoking session. Let us know what you decide to do and how it turns out.

Thank you for the reply. I hadn't thought about deep frying. That would be a good option maybe in the future. I am going to stick with grilling this time, though. If I don't hear any suggestions with temp I think I'll go with 325F after the smoking time. After sleeping on it I'm thinking maybe I'll smoke for 1.5 hours and then ramp up to 325 F to finish them off.

Note: This is really sort of a mistake cook. My wife thought she was buying thighs due to the packaging but later realized it was a package of tiny drumsticks. We had the Korean Marinade on hand from a recent stir fry cook with beef, so I figured I'd try something different.

Korean style wings sound really good! That may have to be supper next week!

Finished cook. (more pics)

They were mighty tasty. My wife made a dish of fried rice which complemented it well (white rice mixed with fried bacon pieces, Yoshida's marinade, and scallions).

Attachments

• Baking_Dish_sauce.jpg
    Baking_Dish_sauce.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Baking_Dish_Parts.jpg
    Baking_Dish_Parts.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 55
Back