THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smoke Dawg

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
IMF
We got an Asian BBQ TD going on. I was thinking Korean ribs but that was entered right away. I decided on Korean BBQ beef. Sport of a Kalbe beef dish.

I needed a marinade and gathered up what we had. Pear juice, sesame oil, garlic, gochujang, fish sauce, onions sesame seeds, gochujang powder, and some miscellaneous peppers from the pepper stash.

Here are most the players

View attachment 133926

And the gochujang powder

View attachment 133927

Picked up some sliced beef clod. It was already sliced thin looked like it would work well.

View attachment 133928

Here is the marinade all mixed up and the beef soaking in it overnight. I did not measure anything just mixed according to taste – Lots of garlic. MSD toasted the sesame seeds.

View attachment 133929

The beef after soaking for a day or so.

View attachment 133930

The Lodge Sportsman is the closest thing I have to a hibachi so it got the nod for this cook.

View attachment 133931

The grill is plenty hot and the meat is on

View attachment 133932

Cooking right along. These thin slices don’t take long at all

View attachment 133933

And they are cooked!

View attachment 133934

MSD was in charge of the sides. She love Fried Rice and Kimchi so she made Kimchi Fried Rice, Kimchi on the side, and a Fried egg! I chose the Lucky Buddha Beer. Here it is plated.

View attachment 133935

A close up of the Kimchi Fried Rice

View attachment 133936

Another angle of the plate

View attachment 133937

OK – It’s time to eat this!

View attachment 133938

The Beef was tender and had just enough kick. The Kimchi and Fried rice had a pleasant offset and the Egg was a very nice touch.

It was a fun cook and a great meal that did not suck. I will do this again!

Thanks for Lookin
SD

Last edited:
Dang Paul that looks really good!

Not an easy cook either, nice!

Looks great.

Have a recipe for Korean beef calling for marinated thinly sliced flank steak. Supposed to ribbon it onto skewers before putting on the grill. Problem is, it tastes so good I usually eat my share while putting it on the skewers

Looking real tasty! :thumb:

Thanks T. Mac!

Outstanding :clap:

I'd kill a plate of that, brother! :hungry:

Thanks Matt, that Gochujang is great stuff

Oh my! It's on! It is so on!

Thanks John, you got some outstanding stuff going too

Absolutely killer neighbor!! Two :thumb: Look crazy delicious.

Thanks neighbor - The Lodge Sportsman is a fun little grill

I love thew looks and sound of that, must get back to doing Korean, I have a couple of those Pastes in the cupboard

Thanks Titch - break out the paste and have some fun!

Looks great.

Have a recipe for Korean beef calling for marinated thinly sliced flank steak. Supposed to ribbon it onto skewers before putting on the grill. Problem is, it tastes so good I usually eat my share while putting it on the skewers

Ha ha - yes there was at least 1 taster of raw meat. It cooks so fast on that grill that tongs worked great. Thank you

Yes, please!!

That looks deelish, and I can nearly smell it through the screen.

Thanks Driver - smell a vision would be great!

Wow, looks great. Alot of ingredients I dont keep stocked, so I would probably spend more on them than the beef. I would love to try some though. It all looks delicious.

Thanks. MSD seems to have just about any spice

Looks incredible, a plate or two would go real good about now.

It was devoured pretty fast - Thanks

Really,really nice plate of food. Great job.

Thank you The Kimchee had a nice little kick too

Back