THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Q-Dat

Babbling Farker
I have seen a couple of different oldschool videos where someone instructed to brush steaks with Kitchen Bouquet before grilling. Other than these videos I have never heard of this. Was this a big deal back in the day and it just faded out of style?

I have seen a couple of different oldschool videos where someone instructed to brush steaks with Kitchen Bouquet before grilling. Other than these videos I have never heard of this. Was this a big deal back in the day and it just faded out of style?
Any time I cook a roast, or beef tips in a dutch oven, I use Kitchen Bouquet. See no reason it would not work on a steak. It is great for bringing out the flavor in the above dishes. I keep it on hand all the time.

Crush the herb bunch just a little. It works.
I use a 'rosemary brush' for lamb and mutton and goat.
Same principle Q-Dat.
Go for it.

Haha I doubt I'll be trying it! I mostly just wondered if it was a big deal way back when because of the videos!

so splain to me kitchen bouquet........

Kitchen Bouquet is a browning and seasoning sauce found in the grocery isles by the A-1 sauce and other sauces. It is a dark brown liquid. Just rub your meat down with it like you would with a good evoo. If you are going to put it on the grill, then season with your seasons or rub and have at it. If you are going to cook a roast in a dutch oven, coat with the Bouquet and brown/sear and then start with your other seasonings and cook like you always do. If you cook some onions in the oven first, then brown/sear and cook till tender, mmmm! Put a bite of that in your mouth and your tongue will beat your brains out trying to get at it! :)>

Kitchen Bouquet is a browning and seasoning sauce found in the grocery isles by the A-1 sauce and other sauces. It is a dark brown liquid. Just rub your meat down with it like you would with a good evoo. If you are going to put it on the grill, then season with your seasons or rub and have at it. If you are going to cook a roast in a dutch oven, coat with the Bouquet and brown/sear and then start with your other seasonings and cook like you always do. If you cook some onions in the oven first, then brown/sear and cook till tender, mmmm! Put a bite of that in your mouth and your tongue will beat your brains out trying to get at it! :)>

Thank You, will have to try it.:thumb:

Oops, I hought you meant using bouquet garni as a brush.:icon_blush:
I won't be using the caramel and food colouring either, thanks.:tsk:

Back