THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tbone30349

My good people. Peace and blessing u to each and every one of you. For your viewing edification we have here an 8 lb or so bone in pork shoulder. I meant to take a picture of a very clean shoulder blade that was pulled out, but it went into the pot of greens before I remembered. *so ashamed*. Let me know what y'all think. Hope u enjoy it.

20130608_180602.jpg
Rubbed with a combination of a homemade concoction and john Henry's Mojave garlic pepper.

20130609_114738.jpg
Smoked on a BGE with hickory wood. Between 225 and 250° for most of the cook. This was an overnighter. When the alarm went off to check it, the temp had gotten to 224, so I made a slight adjustment to the vents and went back to bed. Temp had gotten to 275 by the time it was done. Pulled it off at exactly 203° internal temp. Took right around 12 hrs.

20130609_115615.jpg
Went to work with my gloves and this is what we have!

That, some slow baked beans, and a Pepsi would sure go good together. Since my butt didn't go on until 8:30ish, I gotta wait for dinner. Thankfully it's a small butt!

Back