THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That is all I run in my BWS Party, that and some apple or cherry wood. No problems what-so-ever.

I have used K in my old Party, I personally like the Royal Oak briquets in my Party. I also like to use Royal Oak Lump. Of course I used wood chunks also!!

I've been using K lately. It seems to give me a more consistent burn than lump. Lots of ash though. I'm going to try the new competition K when I can find it on Long Island.

Wicked good or seven oaks lump in mine...I dont like the smell that the old K puts out when first igniting so i have stayed away....I may try the new K if it ever makes it up north.

If you like Kingsford in your other smokers, nothing wrong with K in the backwoods. K definately lasts longer and burns more consistantly than lump, but that has to do with being able to pack more in due to the odd shape and sizes of lump. A ton of ash with K though, watch the buildup on long cooks. I use lump most of the time these days but have no problem using K if its on hand.

I agree with the others. Kingsford is fine. I prefer lump, but Kingsford is fine.

You can help with the ash problem by raising your coal tray off your ash pan (bricks, stilts, etc.)

I recommend you give it a try and see how it works for you.

Back