THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

smokeisgood

is one Smokin' Farker
I bought 3 boxes of this brine last month. I opened the first box and used the provided bag to brine a practice turkey and the bag was fine. I've now opened the remaining two boxed and both remaining bags are open on both ends. WTF? If I use a wire tie on the bottom, I doubt it will hold and not leak. Anyone have this happen before?

Ummm...that's a problem.

I'd take them back or use a bucket instead.

Ya think? Problem is I got them online. Kroger evidently sells brine bags, so I'll run up there and grab some and it will be cheaper than sending them back. I just thought Butchers would have better QC than that, 2 out of 3 bags bad? I sent them a message, if they don't make it good I'll be saying goodbye to that brand. Stuff wasn't cheap.

Get a large frosting bucket from a bakery They are food safe and worked well I got one from a bakery in a grocery store for free

Reynolds oven bags work really well. They come in a box of 2. I use them for dry and wet brining. I haven't had any leak yet. They are also much cheaper than the Ziploc XL bags.

Try to Stick it in between 2 pieces of wood long enough to go across with 1/8” of bag sticking out and use a lighter to melt the edge together to seal.

Well I got a nice email from Kinder's wanting pictures of the lot # and UPC code, and pictures of the bag, so they can check into it. They asked if I wanted a refund, and I told them no, just wanted to make them aware of the problem since it was 2 of the three bags. I then got an email showing they are sending me some ranch dip, some toasted onion dip, and some woodfired garlic seasoning. I'm not big on dips, but the garlic seasoning sounds yummy. Their customer service was quick in responding. My faith is restored. Picked up some replacement brine bags at Kroger. I thought about the oven bags as a last resort, good to know they work if needed.

Back