THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nice bird and interesting gadget, looks perfect for in the 26er

I'm a sucker. Pledge in - I've been wanting a rotisserie for a while now and this is perfect for the 26".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! Fits perfect in the 26 and I even use it with my SnS set up so it gets pushed to the side but the lid still closes fine.

That's awesome Sooner!

I agree with you, everything he does is fantastic.

And, you’ve now given Jason the next thing to try with McRibs. :mrgreen:

Thanks Bill! :oops:

Yes! Can't wait to see what Jason's going to come up with. :biggrin1:

One thing guys,

You have to be careful as the frame has relatively sharp edges and I managed to slice my fingers with each time using it. Nothing major and no need to go to the ER or anything but especially with you little ones Jason. In case they touch it.

Stop talking me into it.....lol I am eying this package in stainless.

How easy does it clean? We are all used to cleaning grease and having to scrub crab so I'm not really worried either way, but just wondered if tossing it in the dishwasher really works or if you just go manual.

View attachment 188500

I'm a sucker. Pledge in - I've been wanting a rotisserie for a while now and this is perfect for the 26".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great, Sako!

My Roto Kit arrived last week. Watched the videos from them, but haven't messed with it yet.

Looks great, Sako!

My Roto Kit arrived last week. Watched the videos from them, but haven't messed with it yet.

Nice!! You'll like it Marc. It's nicely built. Not really impressed with their videos. I think they can do a better job but at the end of the day the brethren will do fine on their own. :nod:

Snap. I got the meater during their first Kickstarter (and waited a long time for it) and I’m still waiting for the roto-q (shows out for delivery for two weeks now). Cant wait to try it.

Mouth watering, Sako... :hungry:

TGNRJVKh.jpg

Snap. I got the meater during their first Kickstarter (and waited a long time for it) and I’m still waiting for the roto-q (shows out for delivery for two weeks now). Cant wait to try it.

Nice!

Well, I was supposed to get a delivery email and didn't. They just showed up last week. They're trying to fulfill shipments ASAP and my pledge still shows in progress but I actually rec'd it. Don't be surprised if it just gets delivered out of thin air.

One thing guys,

You have to be careful as the frame has relatively sharp edges and I managed to slice my fingers with each time using it. Nothing major and no need to go to the ER or anything but especially with you little ones Jason. In case they touch it.

I feel like you played this off quite well as a warning to my kids......but was really a very nice way of saying "we just can't trust Jason with things" :twitch:

My wife agrees.......

:laugh: :pound:

Now that you put it that way... Maybe! :mrgreen:

I feel like you played this off quite well as a warning to my kids......but was really a very nice way of saying "we just can't trust Jason with things" :twitch:

My wife agrees.......

One thing guys,

We cannot under any circumstances let Silverfinger see this. But it's not in WP so he probably won't. :spy:
I've see it though and it looks awesome, as do the birds! But now I'm gonna pretend I didn't see it...but then again...:hungry:...

I got the roto-q as well and have been disappointed so far.

Mainly the wind doesn’t last as long as I thought. I know the first time I didn’t wind it as much as it can take. Which goes into the instructions being really poor. Finally found some reference to 40 winds being around the max.

They say an hour max in a full wind. When you wind it, if something is on it, you are spinning it as well. So not as practical if you have a chicken on there.

Overall I like the construction of it. Maybe once I figure it out better, I will like it better.

We cannot under any circumstances let Silverfinger see this. But it's not in WP so he probably won't. :spy:
I've see it though and it looks awesome, as do the birds! But now I'm gonna pretend I didn't see it...but then again...:hungry:...

:laugh: Thanks Greg!

Wonder why Silverfinger can't see this but then again maybe because ......... :noidea:

UtLL3bzh.jpg

I like him when he plays nice though:mrgreen::mrgreen:

PAZ2vg3h.jpg

I got the roto-q as well and have been disappointed so far.

Mainly the wind doesn’t last as long as I thought. I know the first time I didn’t wind it as much as it can take. Which goes into the instructions being really poor. Finally found some reference to 40 winds being around the max.

They say an hour max in a full wind. When you wind it, if something is on it, you are spinning it as well. So not as practical if you have a chicken on there.

Overall I like the construction of it. Maybe once I figure it out better, I will like it better.

I wound it twice on both the chicken cooks about hour and 15 mins. Wind it all the way until you can't wind it anymore. Be careful not to force it too much at the end where you can snap the spring.

Back