THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When I make them, I use her recipe. Add a can of black beans, my PP and my BBQ sauce. I then smoke them for a few hours, until hot. I made a 1/2 steam pan for the 4th of July and it was overflowing, dripping on all the meats. The farking pan disappeared. I wanted leftovers the next day.....NONE. Great Recipe

Thanks Keri! I found the recipe on this site, made it, and loved it. Have made it a couple times for small gatherings and they all want the recipe. Good stuff!!

OH YEA!!!!
MAJOR HIT!

A8.jpg

I have a fair I am vending at this weekend good chance to try some thing new. Free samples drawn people in like flies

I love this stuff!! I have served them at a few parties this summer and they are a huge hit!

MrsBigBarry can't have canned apple pie filling (gluten) so we actually make our own from scratch and it's awesome!

I find that going light on the meat keeps the bean-iness in the forefront.

I am going to try smoking vidalias and peppers before adding them for deeper, sweeter flavors.

Mmmm...Mmmm...Good!

That sounds awesome. I will have to try these at our next catering event or get-together. Here is another recipe that is similiar, but with peaches:

8 strips bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 large yellow onion, chopped
1 #10 can Bush baked beans
3 cups canned peach pie filling
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons BBQ Rub

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.

Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring, until somewhat crispy and its fat has rendered. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, leaving the fat in the skillet. Add the pepper and onion to the skillet and cook, stirring, until softened, about 6 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a large baking pan. Add the bacon, beans, pie filling, barbecue sauce, and rub to the pan. Mix to combine and bake, uncovered, until hot and bubbly, about 1 hour.

Wow I made these at a cookout and now they were REQUESTED at Thanksgiving.

I used Sweet Baby Rays and Dave Rib Rub last times.. I'm going to order some Blue Hogs I hope it turns out alright... Oh and last time I used fresh apples this time I'm using canned..
It's kind of funny because my aunt that's made the beans for the last 30 some years like these also..

I am going to make these beans this weekend to take as a side to my brother in laws house.

Only thing Im Qn is MOINK balls and a Fatty this weekend. I see the recipe calls for " 1 lb. smoked leftover smoked pork or beef, more or less, or 1 lb crumbled cooked pork sausage ". Any recommendations for this or does the crumbled sausage work well? How do you prefer to cook the sausage as well?

I am going to make these beans this weekend to take as a side to my brother in laws house.

Only thing Im Qn is MOINK balls and a Fatty this weekend. I see the recipe calls for " 1 lb. smoked leftover smoked pork or beef, more or less, or 1 lb crumbled cooked pork sausage ". Any recommendations for this or does the crumbled sausage work well? How do you prefer to cook the sausage as well?

Just smoke 2 fatties, crumble, and you're good. :thumb:

Back