THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.
Atlasman, I have no idea why you are so involved in this thread. I am definitely an outsider looking in, but sincerely hope you know more than the rest of us here on the Brethren. Are you personally tied in to either side of the situation? Honestly, I want to know?

I have my opinions, as do the rest of the Brethren, on both sides of the OP's opening statement. DMP's ban is old news and not one that is fully supported (I don't support it). I also have opinions on the allegedly illegal scores. Constructive analysis.....it works.

In short, are you just stirring the pot or do you have something to legitimately offer? IMO, you have definitely made a name for yourself here on the Brethren site....and not so much in a good way.

Welcome to the site, but c'mon bro.....enough already.

LOL.....nope, just a guy who doesn't hate the KCBS and has zero tolerance for lewd behavior in public.

Not sure what is so alarming or odd about either one of those.

:tsk:

Is it possible that the rep in question, who is alleged to be involved, in some way, with the NEW Score Program that has been being written for at least the last two years and yet to be implemented, used subtle hints for the punishment and reinstatement as opposed to the 'in your face' 3 year ban approach? Or is it possible the 'good-old-boy' network kicked in? Just wondering out loud. I know it is a run on sentence but that is what this thread is doing :razz:

I didn't realize not hating the KCBS and disapproval of lewd behavior in public were odd stances to take.

Weird.

How's this for connecting the dots.....

This should be titled the "I'm gonna whine about the penalty I got, but don't want you to talk about it... unless you agree with me" thread.

So much for taking the penalty like a man.

If the OP wanted to keep the topics separate, he should have done so.

But, anyone that disagrees is wrong for discussing this can of worms that the OP opened?

Last edited:
Wow, once again, I find myself less and less interested in BBQ Competition. Every time on of these threads pop up, it makes me wonder how BBQ comps could possibly be enjoyable -- at least at the higher levels.

I'm not calling out the OP, in fact I understand his point. It just sounds like KCBS is a farking reality TV show.

BTW, I personally don't take too seriously combative posts by "brethren" who have 78 posts in one whole year of membership, half of them in this thread, and no subscriptions. Just a suggestion.

CD

Wow, once again, I find myself less and less interested in BBQ Competition. Every time on of these threads pop up, it makes me wonder how BBQ comps could possibly be enjoyable -- at least at the higher levels.

I'm not calling out the OP, in fact I understand his point. It just sounds like KCBS is a farking reality TV show.

BTW, I personally don't take too seriously combative posts by "brethren" who have 78 posts in one whole year of membership, half of them in this thread, and no subscriptions. Just a suggestion.

CD

Yeah Atlasman...stop being "Combative".

It doesn't matter if you're right or not.

I just realized why I've stopped posting.

I have no dog in this fight, but as a member I would like for someone from KCBS to respond with their side of the story. The continued silence isn't good. Even if the goal is to appear to take the high road by not responding, that's not how it will be perceived by most.

Again, I'm not on either side here, but people have expressed in this thread that they have concerns about getting involved with KCBS due to this. I am more than willing to hear out the BOD on this, but someone has to be willing to give their side.

Yeah! I was wondering the same thing Q-Dat!

CD

i feel this is a very specific and unique situation. both instances, actually.

BBQ comps are a whole lot of fun.

LOL.....nope, just a guy who doesn't hate the KCBS and has zero tolerance for lewd behavior in public.

Not sure what is so alarming or odd about either one of those.

Lets put the lewd behavior in public in a tad bit of context please.

DMP himself didnt do it; his teammate did. Secondly, it was at a BBQ contest. I dont know if you've ever been to a BBQ contest, or a chili cookoff, or any other outdoor over-night cooking competition. All of them, 100%, have a small tendency to get a little wild. It wasn't like he was walking down the mall or something. Then, finally, one persons humor is another's lewdness. My point is this; theirs probably behavior that you do that I find less than desirable, and visa versa.

Then, the cheating. As I understand it, it was done with forethought and malice. Frankly, to me (and I can be extreme in my opinions, I know), I find cheaters vile, right up there with thieves, as it's a form of thievery. Sorry, there should be no place in any competition, in any capacity, for cheaters. None. Me, I'd have a zero tolerance for it. The penalty would be simple; banned, for life. Dont let the door hit you in the *** on the way out.

Now, compare the two. Contrast the two. Same organization. The first, bad judgment, plain and simple. The second, no less than sinister.

13 pages of btichin' and fightin'. and a brethren I actually like btichin' at me for daring to make a post in the sacred Competition forum. Yep, I wan't noting to do with competition BBQ. I enjoy cooking. I don't want you comp farkers ruining that for me.

I need to stay out of the Competition BBQ part of the BBQ Brethren Forum. I have issues, but compared to you farkers, I'm pretty farking normal.

CD

13 pages of btichin' and fightin'. and a brethren I actually like btichin' at me for daring to make a post in the sacred Competition forum. Yep, I wan't noting to do with competition BBQ. I enjoy cooking. I don't want you comp farkers ruining that for me.

I need to stay out of the Competition BBQ part of the BBQ Brethren Forum. I have issues, but compared to you farkers, I'm pretty farking normal.

CD

CD, i sincerely hope you didn't take my response as bitching at you, i was just trying to lend some insight. looking at competition from outside one could get turned off by stuff like this. i only wanted to give you another side of the coin.

if it came out the wrong way i apologize.

i told ya though(not you CD)....ain't nuthin good coming out of this thread anymore....

I do not know the BOD members' reasons for reinstating the rep who falsified scores. Maybe it is the involvement in the new scoring system or not. Only those BOD members know. I do know, when the election period comes up, those up for reelection who voted to reinstate the rep will not receive my vote. I realize this is not going to scare any of those BODs because there are so few members who vote.

I would also encourage teams to communicate their concerns (assuming there are concerns) with this rep to let their contest organizers know. Maybe if the organizers stop using that rep, the BOD may get the message.

Actually, I think the real underlying thing here, us that once again, it LOOKS like the old boy network of the KCBS has kicked in. Nobody can tell, as also, once again, the board has opted to simply not address the question in a public forum. And certainly they could state that The BBQ Brethren is not that place, despite a large number of members and competitors being here. But, if you have watched these things for a while, the underlying issue remains that like other times past, a BOD decision seems to favor a member if the Old Boys network

Lock this $h!t up ! This is pointless now !

I think that the mod's have made it very clear that they are watching this thread. I'm sure that they are capable of determining when this thread needs to be locked or shut down. I think that we owe them enough respect to allow them to do their job as they see fit and not try and dictate how this forum should be ran.

Back