KCBS Judging

Ah yes, enter the judge bashers, for which the admin doesn't give a chit, since they're cooks too. No wonder this section of the forum is a failure. Insecure cooks who can't take honest criticism.

Ah yes, enter the judge bashers, for which the admin doesn't give a chit, since they're cooks too. No wonder this section of the forum is a failure. Insecure cooks who can't take honest criticism.

According to you, the whole forum is a failure and the reason why you don't post much anymore. So why are you even here?

Bob

See a farking moderator bashing a judge who was politely replying to comments until the usual judge bashes come in. What a bunch of losers. And you have no business being a moderator if you can't do it even handed. Disgusting.

Has nothing to do with you being a judge. It has to do with you being much more than that. I'm sure you are smart enough to figure it out. You said yourself you don't post much here anymore......yet, you can't leave. Seems you enjoy creating the controversy. As you stated last time......people having a chip on their shoulder. Check yourself!

Bob

You failed your moderator job, plain and simple. I just want to talk BBQ without the usuals like Dubagga, Burnt, and other judge bashers nipping at heels like cowardly little dogs.

I never posted in green. I'm also a member and can voice my opinion in that way. BBQ judges fail their jobs too. BBQ cooks too. Those members, just like everyone else are entitled to their opinion. As long as within the forum rules, they are fine. Maybe what you read, you take as criticism and bashing because you are sensitive to it for whatever reason. Many times it's an issue of needing to grow a thicker skin.

Seems to me like an insecure judge/individual who can't take criticism!

Bob

Last edited:
Sounds to me like 640—650 cooks blaming judges for their failures. See how that works? And you know damned well the comments were only aimed at inciting trouble. I refuse to be bullied by cooks. I'd rather talk BBQ, but I won't take mean spirited BS. There is no need for that.

Sounds to me like 640—650 cooks blaming judges for their failures. See how that works? And you know damned well the comments were only aimed at inciting trouble. I refuse to be bullied by cooks. I'd rather talk BBQ, but I won't take mean spirited BS. There is no need for that.

I heard a rumor you moved back to Texas. True?

You didn't say anything that disturbs me, except for taking BBQ home. Scores SHOULD reflect if an entry is too spicy or too hot, not tender enough, etc. I fail to see your rationale here. Are you saying judges shouldn't discuss entries after the cards go in?

And what does cooking a comp have to do with judging? Apples and oranges. That's like saying the NY Times food critic has to be a Michelin 2* chef. All that a judge needs to know is the rules, what good BBQ is, the common flaws found in BBQ, and be open minded. A style of BBQ may not be your preference, but personal preferences have no place in judging BBQ. I see an improvement in this -- some brave soul turned in a pork box recently that had a mustard based sauce. 9-9-9 from me, and it was the favorite of the table.

What secrets? That an entry has too much jalapeno powder on it? That it tastes like creosote? That it is so candied that you can't taste the meat? It is complaining to discuss what you found with an entry? Has BBQ turned that PC? I find BBQ becoming a universal style, losing the regional differences.

As far as taking BBQ home, I never have and I never will. It gets tiresome hearing that all judges are there for is free food. Nonsense. It costs me about $200 to go to an event. For that price, I can go to Stanley's BBQ in Tyler, or Pecan Lodge in Dallas eight times, and eat some damned good BBQ. Personally, I wish KCBS would ban taking food home altogether.

Now enter the judge bashers...

Read your last line. How do you think that comes across?

And this is polite? And we are just supposed to take BS like this? Gosh, I felt bullied after reading this! It is obvious the insecurity lies closer to home than you think. As a member and a Moderator, I get tired of stuff too!

Bob

I have no dog in this fight, but maybe cooks are tired of the mean spirited bs too. Maybe they don't want to talk BBQ with you. Seems other judges don't want to talk BBQ with you!!!

Good thing we have the Ignore feature. Any comment can be read as meant to incite trouble. Read some of yours.

Bob

Last edited:
  • Ah yes, enter the judge bashers, for which the admin doesn't give a chit, since they're cooks too. No wonder this section of the forum is a failure. Insecure cooks who can't take honest criticism.

See a farking moderator bashing a judge who was politely replying to comments until the usual judge bashes come in. What a bunch of losers. And you have no business being a moderator if you can't do it even handed. Disgusting.

You failed your moderator job, plain and simple. I just want to talk BBQ without the usuals like Dubagga, Burnt, and other judge bashers nipping at heels like cowardly little dogs.

Okie Dokey....

Not once did Bob post as a moderator in this thread. All of us are entitled to our opinion as members and when we post in official capacity, its well known. But you think its ok to call out his moderator actions ?? Whos the one slinging mean spirited BS here??..(* Hint, look in mirror *)

It was much easier for the mod team around here when were MIA. Less fires, and less folk complaining about your crappy attitude. So since you decided to waddle your obnoxious ass back here, call out my mods and crap in my backyard, I will prove you incorrect and show you how much ADMIN dont give chit.

BuhBye Cupcake..

You didn't say anything that disturbs me, except for taking BBQ home. Scores SHOULD reflect if an entry is too spicy or too hot, not tender enough, etc. I fail to see your rationale here. Are you saying judges shouldn't discuss entries after the cards go in?

And what does cooking a comp have to do with judging? Apples and oranges. That's like saying the NY Times food critic has to be a Michelin 2* chef. All that a judge needs to know is the rules, what good BBQ is, the common flaws found in BBQ, and be open minded. A style of BBQ may not be your preference, but personal preferences have no place in judging BBQ. I see an improvement in this -- some brave soul turned in a pork box recently that had a mustard based sauce. 9-9-9 from me, and it was the favorite of the table.

What secrets? That an entry has too much jalapeno powder on it? That it tastes like creosote? That it is so candied that you can't taste the meat? It is complaining to discuss what you found with an entry? Has BBQ turned that PC? I find BBQ becoming a universal style, losing the regional differences.

As far as taking BBQ home, I never have and I never will. It gets tiresome hearing that all judges are there for is free food. Nonsense. It costs me about $200 to go to an event. For that price, I can go to Stanley's BBQ in Tyler, or Pecan Lodge in Dallas eight times, and eat some damned good BBQ. Personally, I wish KCBS would ban taking food home altogether.

Now enter the judge bashers...

I guess by now you are banned, but how is your over sauced campaign working out?

Back