THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I really would like to know why there was a $200 sanctioning fee implemented on Backyard contest? Backyard contest at least out here are a way to get more cooks coming out to learn and to see where they measure against other cooks that are barely starting out.

Usually the ones who put on these contest are volunteers just trying to promote BBQ as a sport and it seems outrageous to charge $200. This fee needs to be zero for their first contest and at maximum $100 there after. These are rookies cooking 3 meats, I need to know how to get this fixed. I would email, but it seems common that there is a lack of response.

I really would like to know why there was a $200 sanctioning fee implemented on Backyard contest? Backyard contest at least out here are a way to get more cooks coming out to learn and to see where they measure against other cooks that are barely starting out.

Usually the ones who put on these contest are volunteers just trying to promote BBQ as a sport and it seems outrageous to charge $200. This fee needs to be zero for their first contest and at maximum $100 there after. These are rookies cooking 3 meats, I need to know how to get this fixed. I would email, but it seems common that there is a lack of response.

I believe the $200 goes to pay the reps ($100 a piece) which sounds reasonable to me.

You have asked the very same questions that I am going to be asking if elected to the board! Why has the Sanctioning Committee completely ignored one of it's "prime directives"? The Board must protect its membership!]

Can you start with the Red Bank contest since they owe me $500? :grin:

I believe the $200 goes to pay the reps ($100 a piece) which sounds reasonable to me.

Yes OK since it pays the reps I can handle that, but they, KCBS, charges $5 per team for each team that competes on top of that. So if there is 30 teams competing $150 goes to KCBS plus $200.

I don't know, but I don't think backyard contest should have to pay that much.

Yes OK since it pays the reps I can handle that, but they, KCBS, charges $5 per team for each team that competes on top of that. So if there is 30 teams competing $150 goes to KCBS plus $200.

I don't know, but I don't think backyard contest should have to pay that much.

Somebody has to pay the rent on that new fancy KCBS building....

What's my cut?:wink:

Id like to be able to drink some brown water with reps at a contest. Nothing beats a good rapport between cooks and reps. Obviously within reason and I have been around long enouhh to know why it was implemented.

Id like to be able to drink some brown water with reps at a contest. Nothing beats a good rapport between cooks and reps. Obviously within reason and I have been around long enouhh to know why it was implemented.

If any candidate would add allowing the rep to have a pop or two to their platform... I would guarantee they get at least 72 votes (or however many reps we have now!) :heh::heh::heh:

I think KCBS must take action or else remove that verbiage from their website.

I think it would be in the best interest that KCBS should require proof of funds in some sort of way to ensure that teams are going to be paid and also to protect KCBS reps as well.

If as a team I'm paying a promoter $350-$400 to compete in their contest and I'm supposed to get paid for taking a walk then I EXPECT to be paid immediately. Not next week, next month or a year later.

Simple two word fix to the prize guarantee issue. I've brought it up and it fell on deaf ears.....

SURETY BOND

They're cheap and easily obtained if you have a credit score of 650+ and have a pulse and address...

Simple two word fix to the prize guarantee issue. I've brought it up and it fell on deaf ears.....

SURETY BOND

They're cheap and easily obtained if you have a credit score of 650+ and have a pulse and address...

I agree very simple and any contest over 5K prize purse should be required to have one and any under KCBS should guarantee their self. I bet they would pay more attention to making sure those folks had the money before sanctioning those.

Back