THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KCBS - Did you vote?

• Yes

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I'm not a member

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters
*KCBS Election Begins Today*

Please vote for me Gene Goycochea for KCBS Board

My Platform
1. Open Board meetings for all current members
2. Open and accurate financials available to all current members in the members only area of the KCBS website.
3. Return members right to vote on all major issues during election times pertaining to KCBS
4. Work to set up a podcast of all meetings of the board that can be broadcast through the KCBS website for all members to download and listen to at their convenience
5. If elected, I will be available to all members by phone or fax to discuss issues and present tem to the Board, the following is my contact information
My phone number is: 619-520-5741
My e-mail is: [email protected]

Reason to run for the board
I feel that it is my responsibility to help the Organization that supports my passion; I love BBQ, the people and feel that it is a part of my life and would like the opportunity to make it more enjoyable and help it to grow even more over the next year if elected.
Reason to vote for me
I have been a leader in many charity and non charity organizations; I have a large interest in BBQ as it is my passion. I know most of the players who are influential and are willing to help and advice, I have been a board member of the local California BBQ association since its inception, I am a doer and will work my hardest to obtain the goals that we set at the board level, I will work with the membership to see what and where they feel we need to go as a National organization

Some of my background
I have been an Organizer of contests for more than 10 years.
2. I have been a Rep for 10 years.
3. I am a KCBS Judging class instructor.
4. I was the KCBS State rep for California, Arizona and Nevada when the program existed
5. I am a member of the KCBS committee for Reps.
6. I am a member of the KCBS committee for new ideas
7. I am a Master Judge
8. I have been competing for over 10 years
9. I am a founding member of CBBQA
10. I love BBQ and will work hard to make it grow and prosper

Voted... Mike Budai!!!

MIKE BUDAI

Hey Jeff,

We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. My only experience with his was at the Royal when we found out that do to a clerical error we were not on the list for the Invitational, (several teams were left off).

Not only was he not helpful, he truly didn't seem to care and was rude to myself and my wife.

Tom

Don't laugh,
I was worried about the emails going out. I woke up at 3:30 a.m. At four I got out of bed and turned on the computer to check and see if I had the email. I did and took the time to vote.....

I think I will take a nap now.

Again, any member who did not receive the e-mail please send an e-mail to:
[email protected]

include name, member # and your e-mail.

Yours in Q
Merl Whitebook

Don't laugh,
I was worried about the emails going out. I woke up at 3:30 a.m. At four I got out of bed and turned on the computer to check and see if I had the email. I did and took the time to vote.....

[email protected]

Yours in Q
Merl Whitebook

And chit like that is why you got my vote:cool:

After having to resubmit for the 2nd year in a row that i do have the letter "G" in my email address i have voted. It is extremely frustrating that i have to do this again.

But like having to wade threw flooded streets or dodge traffic to cross a busy street i have voted.

Now we have to wait and say "who voted for him?" LOL good luck to all of the candidates and Happy New Year

Steve

I voted this morning. Would an "exit poll" be in poor taste?

Voted, but...

Its too bad KCBS doesn't have cumulative voting. I would like to have cast all 4 of my votes - if there had been 4 worth voting for. (I know, leaving any votes unused is illogical; it was a moral decision.) Merl would run away with votes if he could get 3 or 4 votes from every voting member.

Don't laugh,

[email protected]

Yours in Q
Merl Whitebook

Merl, I cannot use that link so I just emailed the KCBS, and will wait a couple of days. Thanks.

Hey Jeff,

We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. My only experience with his was at the Royal when we found out that do to a clerical error we were not on the list for the Invitational, (several teams were left off).

Not only was he not helpful, he truly didn't seem to care and was rude to myself and my wife.

Tom

Thanks for the heads up . I am sure he was under a bunch of presure at the Royal, but it is how a man handles that presure that I look at. I know how I would feel if I drove out from the East Coast to be greeted poorly.

Rick

Back