THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

buccaneer

somebody shut me the fark up.
100% cooked on the bbq, Big Steel Keg.

Snags!

It all starts with the Aussie snag, wild Aussie pepper sausages
brethAussieTD6_zps91208678.jpg

Lay a little of the worlds best chili jam on some pastry
brethAussieTD7_zpsce522272.jpg

and the snag gets rolled up in the pastry
brethAussieTD8_zpsc511115c.jpg

to make an Aussie sausage roll!
brethAussieTD9_zpse62dcce0.jpg

Baked!
brethAussieTD13_zpsd3b75884.jpg

Starter is served!
brethAussieTD14_zps6bfd93b4.jpg

brethAussieTD15_zpsa6e71299.jpg

Another essential for the Aussie BBQ...'ROO!
brethAussieTD5_zps4857a1dd.jpg

Shallots and turnips
brethAussieTD4_zps48bbec7f.jpg

a shoulder of lamb
BrethAussieTD1_zpsd39b9e8d.jpg

Garlic, rosemary and anchovy filets, rolled up and inserted into cuts in the lamb shoulder
BrethAusieTD2_zps211314bb.jpg

with a smear on the outer
brethAussieTD3_zps69c5ed98.jpg

A platter full of lamb and veges
brethAussieTD10_zpsf6b8f6e8.jpg

Internal shot of juicy lamb with savory herbs and garlic and salty anchovy pockets
brethAussieTD11_zpsc092b0ea.jpg

Plated with mint peas and all the trimmings, and that is the Kangaroo in the front!
brethAussieTD12_zpsbdb574c2.jpg

Now I need a nap...big time.
Hope you enjoyed it!

Throw me a vote here brothers!:biggrin1:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2421816#post2421816

Wow, that looks awesome. Very nice presentation 'n' that stuffed roo looks awesome. I'm sure this will get a lot of attention. Bonza job bloke.

Kangaroo :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked: What does that taste like?

We Aussies eat both our National emblems. The roo & the emu. Both good tucker. The Americans should try the Bald Eagle! Maybe one could get a good recipe.
For the uninitiated roo meat is very lean, best served rare. It is fine textured and has a slightly gamey taste. Quite close to hanger steak in taste.
Great job on all the cooking. Just shows what a life ban does to your focus!:clap::clap::clap:
John

Nice job, Bucc!

Is there a name for the sausage in pastry? Around here most folks call that Pigs in a Blanket.

Our sausages traditionally weremostlybeef, but boringly downunder they have the name of ..."sausage rolls".
The. Acka dacka anthem we often sing "it's a long way to the shops if you want a sausage roll" in place of "it's a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll"
:biggrin1:

Well, I was sold at the snags. Then, you added the wonderful roo dish. Man, what a meal. But WAIT! There's MORE!!! Leg o lamb. Damn Buccs, way to knock it outta da park.

Thanks bro!
It's a shoulder, they look like legs at the end because that round forequarter bone pokes out.
I much prefer shoulder, but I never say no to a bit of leg either.:wink:

I went to Australia in college and wasn't able to try any kangaroo. Our chaperone/instructor was a violent vegan, and made it quite difficult to do anything fun.

But I'm going back in October, so I'm gonna eat all the meat I want! Your stuff looks pretty darn good :twisted:

I went to Australia in college and wasn't able to try any kangaroo. Our chaperone/instructor was a violent vegan, and made it quite difficult to do anything fun.

But I'm going back in October, so I'm gonna eat all the meat I want! Your stuff looks pretty darn good :twisted:

Look me up, I'll give you a feed of some prime Aussie tucker!:biggrin1:

Back