THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBQpower

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
POWER
New addition to the family, now my 22.5" silver has a little brother.
They were asking $25 and when I got there it had paint specks all over it, both the coal grate and cooking grill had rust, the 3 lower vents were all bent out of shape. So I said I will pass then they offered it to me for $5. Brought it home, bent the bottom vents back into shape, washed her out.
Went to Home Depot and they still have not had my Lazarri Lump wood so after 5 years of no charcoal I gave in!! It seems I just missed the sale on 2x kingsford 20# bags so I ended up paying $15ish. Bought a new 18.5" cooking grill, some apple wood chunks, a new cover for my new 22.5" and a temperature gauge. Enjoy!

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0935.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

New Grill! and I Seasoned the thing then cooked a Rib Eye!
jun-12-201147.jpg

jun-12-201116.jpg

Sear 3 minutes ea. side / was seasoned 2 hours before and room temp.
jun-12-201115.jpg

Indirect cooking 7 minutes
jun-12-20117.jpg

FINISHED!
jun-12-20114.jpg

jun-12-201151.jpg

Ahhhhh, juicy steak goodness. Nice score on the cooker too.

Nice score! :thumb: You got a nice vintage 18.5 weber. Does it have a date code on the exhaust wheel? Steak looks awsome too!!

Back