THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terry, mine is not the same model as yours, but it also has the "autoseal when the bag is placed into the slot" function. But there is a button that will cancel the vaccuum function and just seal (i.e. when you are sealing the first open end of a bag you're making from a roll).

I use it once the vaccuum has engaged in order to stop the suction and just seal - but I wonder whether you can do one seal, then pull the bag out 1/2" and then just hit the button to do a second seal.

I may have to try that.

Thanks Tricky. Next time I have it out I will give a double seal a try using the button. I have used that button before to turn off the suction when making my own bags out of rolls. I just didn't know it might force a second seal too.

I just looked on the food saver website and the prices vary greatly. I really like the idea of these but don't really have a lot of extra cash to spend on one right now. Is it worth buying one of the lower end models or should I wait until I could get a middle of the road or better model?

I bought a Cuisinart Vacuum Sealer for US$99 and it works really well so far, but can't say for how long. So far, so good. Video advert for it here.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-wmo_vDvD0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-wmo_vDvD0[/ame]

I have to ask, how much did that pig cost? Would another $150 be worth spending to make sure that pork doesn't get freezer burned? That model I posted above I got at Walmart for about that same price less shipping. If the meat is going to be in the freezer longer than a couple weeks, the protection and quality are worth it.

It was right over $200 for it. It will be in there for longer than a few weeks lots of pork! But with all the beef and pork prices going way up I see myself buying more in bulk like this with beef also. Payday is Friday so we will see haha.

Back