THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ricksegers

Full Fledged Farker
I took the KCBS judging class a couple of months back and judged my first contest today. It was in Laurens, SC. I had a blast. I met some great folks. If you get a chance to do this jump on it.

Rick

Way to go, Rick.

I just took the class Thursday at the Royal. All classmates were asked if they were available to judge, this weekend. Had I known of their shortage in advance, I would have made arrangements to stay. As it was, I was only in town for the day. Bummer.

Congrats on the class! Seems everytime there is one near me, I hear about it too late.
Someday I will get a chance to attend one.

WTG, Rick
I've only judged three comps, so I'm not an expert, but I've met a bunch of good folks, also. Remember; the rules say no fraternizing on the day of judging until judging is over, so if you can, show up on Friday evening, meet some of the cooks & have a great time.
Dave

Back