THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

:biggrin:. Sometimes you just get a table full of bad judges. And by bad I mean opinions run high, tastes are different, lack of judging experience, etc. All of you know as well as I do that most of us put out pretty consistent bbq. Some days better than others but overall pretty close to the last time you competed. It's a crap shoot. Sometimes you get a good table sometimes bad. Hell in the NKC comp I took 12th in pork out of 91 teams and like 81st in ribs lol. At Jeff City I took 15th in ribs and 48th in pork out of 66 teams and I did nothing different other than cooler my pork a little too long. Other than that everything was identical. I just got a table that liked my ribs this time I guess. Crap shoot as always!

The more I compete, the more this is ringing true!

What is with judge #4 scores? You don't see that variation in the score line often. I would like to know what was going through his mind while making these marks. This is what makes examining scores so frustrating, the variation from one judge to the next.

Overall they look pretty good. If I had to judge on apparence, I would give them an 8. You have what looks like a large amount of meat in the box and the garnish does not distract. Good job.

Back