THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the 26 Club. If for some crazy reason I had to sell off my cookers, the Weber would be the last to go. The UDS makes a strong case but the 26 is King.

Love it. More chicken tonight. That extra real estate is great for different temp zones.

41658618_305640380235978_3676614327386863961_n.jpg

The 26" Weber is great for smoking as well. Set it up with the snake method all the time. I also took a 22" grate, put carriage bolts on it to raise it up approx. 3". I set this grate on top of the 26" grate and I double my smoking capacity for small meats like country style ribs and wings.

I can fit sixty-plus split Wings using a Vortex on my 26", or as shown below a mix of about 40 whole wings and legs fits nicely.

The 26" is a Chicken Cooking MACHINE!!!!! 45 minutes to an hour cook time.

Vortex Wings and Legs by David Miller, on Flickr

That looks like one of my cooks. I parked that vortex in the 26" for over a year not long ago. I love it but, honestly, I have gotten identical results with two grill baskets pushed together. Also, that focused heat will ruin even a SS grate in a hurry. Wish Weber or someone would make a SS 26 GBS grate.

I have to ask: what is the red garment with elastic in the shot? I saw your shot and immediately thought: "chonies" :rolleyes:

That looks like one of my cooks. I parked that vortex in the 26" for over a year not long ago. I love it but, honestly, I have gotten identical results with two grill baskets pushed together. Also, that focused heat will ruin even a SS grate in a hurry. Wish Weber or someone would make a SS 26 GBS grate.

I have to ask: what is the red garment with elastic in the shot? I saw your shot and immediately thought: "chonies" :rolleyes:

My nine-year old decided to go swimming in his underwear and never hangs anything up! :razz:

Back