THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billy Roo's BBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
So my daughter and I took a road trip out west and on the way back we stopped at Joe's Kansas City barbecue. I had heard a lot about the place and was pretty excited to give it a try. My first impression was WOW. The place was super packed and people were lined up out the door. All in all...it looked like a really fun place.

I ordered the full rack of ribs and my daughter ordered the brisket sandwich. I was not impressed by the ribs - not even a little. They were very dry and you could pull the bone right out of them with complete ease. Clearly they were over done by a lot. Is it me or has anyone else experienced this as well? The brisket was very dry as well.

I figured that a place so hyped would have ribs that were a notch above Applebee's but sadly I was wrong.

Back