Jamaican Curry Rubbed Pork Tenderloin

MS2SB

is Blowin Smoke!
I made a batch of Jamaican curry powder last week to spice up some mayo and some egg salad that my wife and I had for lunches this week and decided to try some additional applications for it. First use was to rub down a pork tenderloin which I then tossed onto the Traeger.

I put a light coating of oil on the tenderloin and then seasoned with some Wild Bill's all purpose seasoning, followed by a generous coating of the curry powder.

I let that rest on the counter for about 45 minutes and prepped some carrots and cauliflower to pan roast and serve as a side.

Tossed the porkloin onto the Traeger at 425* , flipped after 10 minutes and then pulled after ~25 minutes total.

While that was resting I melted some clarified butter in a cast iron pan and added about 2 tsp of the curry powder

Once that was fragrant I cranked the heat to medium high and added the veg. Sauteed until it was slightly tender and began to caramelize a little bit.

After the pork had rested it was time to slice.

Plated

The rub developed a really nice crust and paired with the pork wonderfully. This is going into frequent rotation.

Nicely cooked Noobian. Yep, gotta hate when you have a good cook and miss the deadline

Back