THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"I've got pizza dough and an idea"

Make a quiche? :wink: :twisted:

On the serious side, that pizza looks awesome! Makes me hungry for dinner early and I bet you do well in the TD! Good luck!

"I've got pizza dough and an idea"

Make a quiche? :wink: :twisted:

On the serious side, that pizza looks awesome! Makes me hungry for dinner early and I bet you do well in the TD! Good luck!

Hilarious:))

Last edited:
Interesting cook and being a griller that likes to smoke(longer cook more beer) this was fun. Lots of work, multiple things working- so I do admire the Brethren that pull off pizza making on a regular basis. Several opportunities to fail along the way. We really enjoyed and ate the whole pizza. I'm a patio cook, nowhere close to a chef. Although I did spend several summers working in a Country Club flipping burgers and trimming roses :)). I've pretty much got down ribs-briskets-steaks and butts+chicken--but pizza was a tad more detailed. I probably won't do it enough to become second nature. I'd gain to much weight.

Dough-store bought hand pressed allowed to rest 15-20 minutes sprinkled with Sucklebusters steak seasoning and green chile powder
(Sprinkled pan with corn meal so it wouldn't stick)

Layered dough with equal parts MexiMix-Mozzarella-and Parmesan
Spooned semi home made sauce over the cheese
In cast iron on the Primo fried bacon crispy
Used bacon grease to fry green chiles that were coated with equal parts almond flour and fish fry seasoning til crispy.
Used same pan to fry ground beef seasoned with Sucklebusters Texas Brisket rub.
Chopped and layered pizza with green chile, chopped bacon about 3 tablespoons of beef and a light layer of cheese and more parm. Bride added a couple sliced black olives

Into the Primo that was showing 480 on the dome thermometer.
Actually turned out well.

Wikipedia has a cool article on pizza- my son has traveled to Italy multiple times and I noticed he usually orders Margherita with jalapeños. Something he picked up over ther. He told me the jalapeño is an Aggie thing.

Last edited:
Back