It's not all about the parsley ban

Just thinking outside the box or well, inside it,
Couldn't we just substitute green cardboard for the parsley/lettuce.
You could cut it and it would fold up the sides of the box or
you could fold it under and raise your meat for presentation or
maybe even both...
like i said just thinking, drinking a beer...
please dont over think this post...
jon

Don, first, thanks for posting your thoughts here, and I appreciate your thoughts.

Second, though a decision needed to be made on this issue, it surely could have waited 4 hours while everyone involved in the decision making process could have been contacted and a group decision be made.

OK, here is the problem I see. Due to forum rules and possibilities of liable no one ever states the board memebers name in this or any of the other public forums. It is always name withheld. I understand why it is done here. the problem is that there is no other place where these issues that effect us all are voiced. How can I vote for a person for the BOD if I do not know if they are ones that are stirring things up. I have not read the bylaws but I would guess that there is in there some where that states the BOD must have a quorum to vote, Is four really the quorum? If it is not then they just broke the bylaws and we have a right to know who they are. Where can we get the full (both sides) of the story for this and any other of the hot BOD topics going around?

Big Mike

Admin note:

Theres nothing in OUR forum rules that say names must be withheld.. AS LONG AS THE STATEMENTS ARE TRUE AND VERIFIED board members can be specified. However, it if its dicovered to be false, hearsay, rumor, or anything besides the truth, it will be scrubbed.

Well, this sounds like a failure to follow the By-Laws of the KCBS. Regardless of the topic, the BOD should have met a Quorum, if they did not meet the Quorum then any action by the BOD is not valid... That is pretty standard BOD operating procedure for any organization.

Well, this sounds like a failure to follow the By-Laws of the KCBS. Regardless of the topic, the BOD should have met a Quorum, if they did not meet the Quorum then any action by the BOD is not valid... That is pretty standard BOD operating procedure for any organization.

I support this statment +1

Mike, I was assured by the office that it is in the by-laws that the executive committee can meet to decide "pressing issues" however, unless I'm completely off my rocker, I don't see mention of that OR that there is an "executive committee" anywhere in the by-laws. I agree that the parsley issue is minor. It's another small thing and everyone survived, as we all figured would happen. But I just have an issue with the way it was handled and making an "executive decision" and excluding a majority of the board from being involved in the decision does nothing to foster cooperation, respect and trust between board members, which is what's badly needed these days.

I dont remember such a ban on lettus back in 2006.

Skip is correct, I did allude to this outbreak in an earlier post...Thanks for doing the work to find the specifics. I was too lazy to go get the info, just knew we weren't banned from lettuce back then :) Even though it was a larger outbreak ...

Back