Italian Sweet Sausage

Rusty Kettle

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Hey you with the face!
I picked up some Italian Sweet Sausage at Thoma's Meat Market. I grabbed 12 since they didn't cost a ton. I grabbed some onion and pepper to mix into a foil packet and put on a bun to make something that reminded me of our local fair that got cancelled this year.
I got my Green Mountain Grill Daniel Boone fired up and smoked them at 225 and just turned it up to 400 to finish them and tossed the onion and pepper on. I wonder if I could toast the bun on a pellet grill and then put everything on or not. I might try it.
Meat prices are sky high so sausage may be a staple for the summer. Cost me $15 for a rack of baby back ribs. I am saving them for tomorrow. Thoma's is a local butcher shop. I do have to see if I can find better meat prices. Everything doubled but Thoma's might be their normal prices but are in line with walmart and the meat is better quality. I suppose it was a matter of time before I jumped on the good quality meat bandwagon. When you pay the same for cheap low quality meat as high quality from the butcher meat then why bother with walmart? Plus it keeps money in the local community.

I'm with you on sausage - price for beef is out of control.
I've done the Italian Sweet w/ sausage and peppers (and onions)
with Yellow mustard alot.

Just like the fair and the local flea markets use to have. I even wrapped it in foil so I could have a bit more normal back.

The pictures are terrible lol. oh well I tried to make it look good. still pretty dang tasty and I feel a bit more normal or at least as normal as I ever could be lol.

Back