THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh yeah.. That's what I'm talkin' ABOOOUUT :p Wish I had something like that.. look at all that real estate!

Really happy you got that rusty thang fixed and all happy again.. a happy zombie! (lol @ adams)

I have one that looks like that and its not very accurate.

Order these from Amazon - you can adjust them. If you are comparing against a Maverick you gotta keep in mind where the probes are - esp in a UDS - the center can be 25-50* hotter than the edges. Also Maverick can be off- check it and thermos in Ice Water AND Boiling Water.:thumb:

http://www.amazon.com/River-Country...037&sr=8-1&keywords=river+country+thermometer

These 2 are Old Country from Academy cuz I didn't wanna wait on Amazon- I checked them in Boiling water and they read 207*-208 * - just under 210* mark- so they are a little off but close enough.

Last edited:
Oh yeah.. That's what I'm talkin' ABOOOUUT :p Wish I had something like that.. look at all that real estate!

Really happy you got that rusty thang fixed and all happy again.. a happy zombie! (lol @ adams)

Smoker- .... $80 CL
Thermos-.... $22
Paint-..........$12
Metal -........ free --scrap from work and free use of a buddys welder and plasma cutter. :-D

I'll be doing a Brisket or 2 for the Buddy.......:heh:

:drama:
How much would that smoker be new?

They don't make them anymore -they were put out by News Brsunsfel Smoker Company here in Tx that CharBroil or Chargriller bought out 8-10 years ago ( same with Ok Joes and a few others) - they got up to $499, But were $250-$300 for several years. You can get a lil heavier clone - 3/16th steel- built for about $650.

Academy sells a knockoff by Old Country for $299

http://m.academy.com/webapp/wcs/sto..._true?N=578824977&Ntt=Old+country+pit&Ntk=All

Last edited:
Back