THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashmont

Babbling Farker
Wow time does fly’s!

Brother and Sisters and Shane,
Wow time does fly’s! It has been three years since I first signed on to this site and I have not regretted it one bit. I have had so much fun with everyone these past years. I have been to some other sites and still occasionally go back but they just don’t feel like home. This site does fell like home and that is why I stay.
I have met some of you in person and plan to meet many more in the coming years. I never would have thought in a million years that BBQ would be a hobby and I would have so many friends across the US and world. I am sure that I could count on each and every one of you if I ever needed too and if I am in your town Id find a way to meet up and have a meal or a drink. I am providing a time line of my addiction to BBQ

Jan 2005: Started planning non sanctioned BBQ contest for June for church Men’s club that’s where I met Sprinter

June 2005: 8 team contest and softball tourney (Hottest Dam Day Mod) Met and became friends with Smokin T’s (Key info Sprinter is a member) Sprinter over the next year was very helpful supplying information to get our 2006 contest of the ground.

Over the next six months I scoured the internet looking at different BBQ sites and trying to promote our next contest. Also planning a judging class in Jan 2006. Smokin T’s graciously volunteered to cook. I definitely promoted that class. We had 80+ students take the class. This is where I met Mo-Dave, River City Smokehouse, son Colt, CMAdams, Ed from Kickass BBQ, and Motley Que. We had students as far as Calif fly in to take the class.

DSC_7685.jpg

Dec. 13th 2005: Joined here looking to promote the contest. Was not on much just every now and then lurking or a quick bite about the contest (Wrong mod).

June 2006: KCBS contest (The next hottest dang day) 15 Teams. It was at that contest that changed my outlook toward BBQ. I was introduced to some members of the St. Vincent Depaul Society. I was told that every month for the past 20 years they supply 200+ meals to the homeless. It always chili because hamburger was cheap. Also that the other weeks different parishes would also supply a hamburger based meal. The customers are always grateful but I thought that just because your homeless doesn’t mean you should eat hamburger every Sat. of your life. So with the help of some of the cooking teams I now know the last week in Jan and Jun is now SVDP cook for the homeless

Homeless Cooking Team 2007

Then 4/08/2007 Out of the shadows and no longer lurking Cattle call

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25959&highlight=Ashmont

Having the time of my life posting and meeting all of you while sharing moments in our lives. Learning new thing to bbq. Helping AdamBomb with his craft of bbq.

March 2008 “Why I deserve this contest” was born! First winner Smoke and beer. I really enjoy the stories and had to replace a keyboard or two.

June 13th 14th First KCBS contest Kings City Showdown Mt Vernon Ill. Achieved my goal of not coming in DAL…….

I am so very happy were here and thanks Poohbah... If your a lurker here and have not com out of the shadows do so here you wont regret it..

I know what ya mean Ashmont. It's been a little over 5 years ago that I had no idea about fatties, chicken squirrels or what a snotstorm is. I don't get on as much as I'd like but I'm sure glad The Brethren are here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back