THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul, I bet one of the secrets to your Mother's cathead biscuits was....LARD!:becky::thumb:

My Grandma use to keep a five gallon bucket of it in the corner of her kitchen. She cooked and still cooks with it every single day.

She makes a batch of biscuits every morning for anyone that stops by. You have your choice of homemade preserves or homemade apple butter.

My Grandpa lived to be 89 and she's 93 still kicking and still cooking. WITH bacon grease AND lard.

Paul, I bet one of the secrets to your Mother's cathead biscuits was....LARD!:becky::thumb:

My Grandma use to keep a five gallon bucket of it in the corner of her kitchen. She cooked and still cooks with it every single day.

She makes a batch of biscuits every morning for anyone that stops by. You have your choice of homemade preserves or homemade apple butter.

My Grandpa lived to be 89 and she's 93 still kicking and still cooking. WITH bacon grease AND lard.

Pat brother you are exactly right... LArd was a key ingredient... Wow!!! You are a blessed man to have your grandmother around.. My brother was married to a gal one time that would not season her vegetables with bacon grease... Hugh!!! But when she came to my mammas house... She would eat 2 platefulls of everything..... She aint in the family anymore....and the bacon grease did not kill her either..:)

Shoo. Your Grandma is only a couple years older than my Mom.

Back