THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kyle corn

is one Smokin' Farker
This tank has been sitting on the lot at my job for YEARS. I finally got tired of it sitting there and asked the right people if it was available and they told me that if I hauled it off I could have it for free! This should be a fun project. It's 6 feet long and 30" around. Best part is it's an air compressor tank, not a propane tank so I don't need to worry about blowing up!

I already have the trailer to mount it on, but I'll need to beef it up with a stronger axle(s) and springs.

I just had to share my excitement!

Attachments

Good score. Not to put a damper on good thoughts, but before you invest time and cash into this, tap around the bottom of the tank with a hammer looking for thin spots. Air compressor tanks hold a lot of moisture and often, the reason they fail is rust through.

Good luck with your adventure!

Good score. Not to put a damper on good thoughts, but before you invest time and cash into this, tap around the bottom of the tank with a hammer looking for thin spots. Air compressor tanks hold a lot of moisture and often, the reason they fail is rust through.

Good luck with your adventure!

Thanks for the heads up, I will make sure I look into that! :thumb:

So I took a hammer and tapped it all over and there were no thin spots that I could tell. That gives me the confidence to go ahead and move forward with cutting it open to check it out from the inside.

Yes!!!! That is my next build a 120 gal!!! Nice score!!

Are you saying this thing is a 120 gallon or do you just mean your next project is a 120 gallon tank? I really don't know how big this is in gallson, but I did assume it was bigger than 120 gallon.

I suppose it doesn't really matter, as this thing is massive and exactly what I've been looking for!

So I took a hammer and tapped it all over and there were no thin spots that I could tell. That gives me the confidence to go ahead and move forward with cutting it open to check it out from the inside.

Cool beans! I would say that looks much larger than 120 gallon size from the pic. Good luck with your build.

If my calculations are correct, that's a 220 gallon tank. V=pi r^2 h
pi=3.142
r^2=1.5625' (assuming 30" around means across and not circumference)
h=6'
===29.46 cubic feet X 7.4805 cubic feet per gallon = 220.347 gallon

That should make a real nice build.

If my calculations are correct, that's a 220 gallon tank. V=pi r^2 h
pi=3.142
r^2=1.5625' (assuming 30" around means across and not circumference)
h=6'
===29.46 cubic feet X 7.4805 cubic feet per gallon = 220.347 gallon

That should make a real nice build.

Do you do taxes......just askin' :thumb:

Having a job is the "BIG SCORE" the tank is a bonus.
good luck on your smoker, take your time cut once and measure twice.

Good score! I want to be there the SECOND time you use it. I've been to one too many first times. I'm still paying off the medical bills. LOL

Seriously, looks like a good donor container for a smoker.

Back