THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bbqgeekess

Babbling Farker
I just gave mine to my step-dad as a Christmas gift (along with a WSM, chimney starter, propane burner, thermopop etc)..

I need a replacement. The Maverick 732 has served me well the past months with only one probe going bad. Should I buy another or is there something better these days?

Thanks

Thermaworks makes higher quality thermometers but for the $$ it's hard to beat a Maverick ET-732 with a little care it goes along way.

Jen, you still have the Maverick? ...if ya do just order a new probe and as far as the instant read goes I'd look at the thermowand for 25 bucks. The Thermowand is pretty nice

i love my igrill2......amazing range and connectivity..not to mention 4 probe slots instead of 2 and it uses my phone as the receiver which is great since i dont have to carry around anything else...and since most of us always have our phone on us its very convenient

I just gave mine to my step-dad as a Christmas gift (along with a WSM, chimney starter, propane burner, thermopop etc)..

I need a replacement. The Maverick 732 has served me well the past months with only one probe going bad. Should I buy another or is there something better these days?

Thanks

I have a Maverick 732 and it's been well worth the money.
I purchased 2 each 6' replacement probes last year for backups.
One failed (pit temp) in less than 10 months.
I e-mailed Maverick to ask for help....
Even though I was way past my warranty, they sent me a replacement probe for $0.00.:clap2:
Free shipping:becky:
Also tips to make the probe last longer:mod:

I have nothing but good things to say about Maverick and their customer service.

Just saying. :blabla:

I have used the 733 this past year as my main thermometer and it has been great.

One day, I was in the mood to try one of the more expensive thermoworks ones (dual probe). The main reason was so I could use their high temperature probe to see how hot my searing temps are haha, more just for fun.

Aside from now being able to have 4 probes, instead of 2 (with both the maverick and thermoworks) - all it really did was confirm that my maverick was working very well. IT was off by a couple of degrees here and there, but nothing significant at all (maybe 3 degrees at most) ... but the maverick still gets way more use as it has the wireless thermometer. I just take good care of it and when I feel the batteries are getting towards the end of their life, I will replace them to be safe before they go dead.

The maverick still has my vote! (And on an aside, the thermoworks are awesome - love it, but it hasn't quite justified the extra cost for me at this point).

Zach

Back