Is it worth it?!

Burning out the cook chamber would fix the cook chamber, but I hate to think of where else that carcass dripped or oozed on while it was rotting.

Nothing ventured- nothing gained. How bad could it be?

/shudder

honestly -there is nothing in there that could survive a few moments with Mr. Weedburner.

you might have to "touch up the paint" some.

I am honestly surprised by the answer here... I figured it would be more in the lines of "its fixable"... Just thinking oh its just a carcass.....

but At one point there was still meat on that carcass.... so I dunno.... I would almost say I would clean it out and use it... but the question would be "what the hell do I use to clean it out with?"

I would say no because I wouldn't wanna fool with it. and who knows.. might not be a good idea to start with!

Hmmm not sure I would want to cook on it but I would like to see the 3 year old carcass. Curious minds want to know.

Same here. Maybe it comes from working in a hospital for thirty nine years.

While I personally would pass, there is a possibility someone could clean it and make it usable. Maybe a good power-wash o ar trip to he car wash might do it, but it is an electric smoker and would have to dry for days before plugging it in. Keep in mind that an electric smoker isn't constructed and sealed like a wood-burner.

For me, my biggest concern is that; even with a good cleaning, would it really be clean? Electric smokers like MES are noted for holding moisture in, many posts on the forums, our users say they have to open the door to get rid of some of the moisture when making jerky. So in the moist environment where did the bacteria spores settle that is not accessible to wash?

Now exposed to temperatures ranging between 40° - 140°, lack of oxygen, moisture, or high humidity can all trigger the growth of bacteria that could cause food poisoning. When smoking, the warm humid environment can bring spores back to life, the smoke and the heat will eliminate oxygen, making ideal conditions for bacterial growth. With heat, moisture, and lack of oxygen in these far away insulated crevices, will the spores bring the bacteria back to life? I would pass on the science experiment myself.

Maybe if you could get temp up to 600 degrees and let it burn all day but I think master built only gets up to 275

If anything keep the turkey and throw the smoker away but I don't think the turkey is edible.

:mrgreen:

Just put a ash pan with some charcoal in there to burn it out. Get it way past the 350 or so the electrics top out on.

Are the electronics easily removable, so they won't get wet while cleaning? Do they even work?
If so, the charcoal idea has merit.
One more thing. You are serving as a way to dispose of the cooker for this person. If things don't work out for you, how easily can you get rid of it?

While I personally would pass, there is a possibility someone could clean it and make it usable. Maybe a good power-wash o ar trip to he car wash might do it, but it is an electric smoker and would have to dry for days before plugging it in. Keep in mind that an electric smoker isn't constructed and sealed like a wood-burner.

For me, my biggest concern is that; even with a good cleaning, would it really be clean? Electric smokers like MES are noted for holding moisture in, many posts on the forums, our users say they have to open the door to get rid of some of the moisture when making jerky. So in the moist environment where did the bacteria spores settle that is not accessible to wash?

Now exposed to temperatures ranging between 40° - 140°, lack of oxygen, moisture, or high humidity can all trigger the growth of bacteria that could cause food poisoning. When smoking, the warm humid environment can bring spores back to life, the smoke and the heat will eliminate oxygen, making ideal conditions for bacterial growth. With heat, moisture, and lack of oxygen in these far away insulated crevices, will the spores bring the bacteria back to life? I would pass on the science experiment myself.

This was kinda my thoughts as well! Part of me would love to give it a go, but there is just too much of an unknown factor there. This by far is the best logical answer to this question.

Back