THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dan-H

Found some matches.
I guess I joined a long time ago, but never posted. :icon_blush:

I have several grills and smokers to cook with, and I like them all for what they do well. I've been grilling for 35+ years, but only smoking for a few years.

My grilling history:
started with a Weber Smokey Joe and later was given a hand me down weber 22 inch kettle.
20 years ago my Mom and Dad gave me a Genesis Silver B for a "big" birthday and I still have it and use it regularly.
10 years ago I was lucky that Mom and Dad spoiled me on an even bigger birthday with a large big green egg. I love it, but it is a bit more work.
2 years ago I bought the PB Pro 820 on a really good sale and its been my frequent go-to for tri-tip, ribs and some beer can chicken.
Two months ago I picked up a used Genesis E 330 at a give away price. It's been my go-to for quick cooks like burgers or grilled veggies.

I considered retiring the Genesis Silver B, but instead it has become my new favorite for rotisserie chicken.

Things I want to get better at are slow smoking on the BGE and pellet smoker and different wood choices.

Thanks for having me

Last edited:
You are certainly no newbie, but glad to have you posting. I'm sure that there are plenty of folks here that can get you on the right path with the BGE. Man, having that Weber for 20 years is a testament to how well those things are built and how long they will last if proper care is given to them.
Happy to have you active!

never too late
Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Mostly a friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome aboard Dan!

Lots of folks with BGEs (and other ceramic grills) so just post in Q Talk and I bet you'll get a quick response to any questions.

Thanks !

Here's a quick shot of my outdoor cooking area. It is kind of messy because my yard guy has been busy rebuilding the genesis silver B :wink:

rMrIaISh.jpg

Last edited:
Back