THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

localyocal

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Brad
I'm trying to gauge the interest some of you might have in a Competition Cooking Class in Southern Illinois. I live about 30 minutes from Evansville, Indiana. I recently talked with Mike Davis from Lotta Bull BBQ about possibly putting on a class in my area. If you're familiar with Mike you know he teaches across the country and only charges $300 for his class and its a true "Tell All" type class from a pitmaster that has 6 World Championships and 4 American Royal Championships along with many other awards and accolades.

I'm just trying to make sure there is sufficient interest so that Mike doesn't waste his time. He is very gracious in taking the time to teach what he has spent years learning at a very reasonable price. I recently purchased an entire Grade School complete with a gymnasium and thought it might be a great place to hold an event. For the most part there aren't many classes close to our area and thought it might be a great opportunity to folks to attend a great class.

Anyway I'd just like to see the response from my brethren to such a class. Thanks.

He did one in Missouri earlier this year and I think it was well attended. Mike has forgotten more about BBQ than most of us know :-D

I'm trying to work out a date with Mike guys. As soon as I have something concrete I'll post it. I appreciate those that attend to spread the word as well. If we have a good turnout I may try to host more in the future.

Thank you.

Back