THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music Junkie

Full Fledged Farker
After following Sako's thread on the turkey breast, I had to give it a go this weekend. I couldn't find a double breast with the skin on, but I was able to find a single with the skin off. Figured what the heck. Since I didn't want to fire up the IVC for something so small, I decided to add a few things to the menu. I halved some fresh jalapenos and saved some of the seeds to mix in with the stuffing. I pulled the casing off of some Silva's Liguica and diced it up pretty small. I added in some cream cheese and some shredded cheese as well. Stuffed it in the peppers and wrapped with some thin cut bacon. I also had a pack of thighs laying around so I decided to toss them on too. With the smoker going I used the leftover pepper stuffing and bacon to dice up and saute. I chopped up some brussel sprouts and tossed em in. The thighs came off right around the time the breast hit 130 IT. Following Sako's example I wrapped in butcher paper and added a little butter. I put the breast back on and saw that the peppers had a little longer to go. The bacon was done on the peppers at the same time that the breast hit 160, so I pulled everything. Let the breast rest for 20 min while I cleaned up and then sliced and served everything. All in all, I was quite pleased with the result. Huge props to Sako for sharing his cook and inspiring me to get off my butt.

Attachments

Killer spread Jason! Glad you liked the end result. Turkey looks moist and juicy as it should. :clap2:

Back