THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slewi

Knows what a fatty is.
Prepped a Boston butt for tomorrow's smoke session, a few surprising things happened:

My butt started to fall apart during the trimming. Right down the middle. I have almost two separate meat hunks now.

And a lot of my injection leaked out. Unlike my trimming escapade, this always happens to me. I was going into the muscles from the side, but a few of those muscles did not hold the injection. Is this normal? I have a lot of injection in my pan instead of in my meat.

Luckily I got two butts, so right after the fourth I am going to have another go at this.

Nah. I got two butts in a cryovac at SAMS. I was trimming away in a crevice in the middle and it gave way! It's still one piece, I just never had this happen before!

Back