THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've noticed an increasing trend of thighs that have been heavily injected at the judging table this year.

If you choose to inject, please don't overdo it! Few things turn a judge off as much as getting hosed down with butter and chicken stock when they bite into one of these "squirtgun thighs".

-GF

I've noticed an increasing trend of thighs that have been heavily injected at the judging table this year.

If you choose to inject, please don't overdo it! Few things turn a judge off as much as getting hosed down with butter and chicken stock when they bite into one of these "squirtgun thighs".

-GF

Saw it last Saturday and it was freakin HOT butter/chicken stock
Yea buddy that was interesting

-GF

Good to know! Thanks for the tip...

To add to the Butchers bird Booster question, is this something you add before you cook the chicken or after the chicken is done just to give your turn ins something extra?

To add to the Butchers bird Booster question, is this something you add before you cook the chicken or after the chicken is done just to give your turn ins something extra?

When I've done it, I injected the night before, pour any extra in a ziploc bag with the thighs, and then let let them hang out overnight. It's not like a brine where you have to worry about it sitting too long in the solution.

Back