THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hook_Line_and_Sinker

is Blowin Smoke!
Ace hardware had a sale on the 18 lb Royal Oak BRIQUETTES last week end ( someone posted it here and I can't find the post) but I picked up the last 5 bags from a sort of local ( 30 min drive) Ace

I was informed by the manager that we should see it returning as an ACE hardware branded product --- tonight I looked all over the ace site for the royal oak - and its all been pulled from the site. no reference to it remains , even in the last viewed items list they have which for me showed items I looked at over a month ago as well as a few items I looked at Saturday when I looked at royal oak briquettes.

has anyone tried the Royal OAK BRIQUETTES ? did anyone else pick some up from ACE?

I tried their internet site and that no longer exists. I have a call into their office and I am awaiting a return call to get to the bottom of some of this information.

I posted it last week, and I originally bought 2 bags just to check it out. Burned some last weekend and I LOVE THIS CHARCOAL! It burned nice and hot, burned long, no sparking or ash flying through the air, had a good smell, and even was able to save quite a bit in the Weber after closing up the vents. I liked it so much I went back and bought 10 more bags the next day. Only downside was like all briquettes, it generated a fair amount of ash, but the upside was enough to convince me to get more while it was on sale. I won't be running out for awhile, but will buy it again when I do.

Update:
Royal Oak has been supplying Ace hardware with their store brand bags of briquettes for quite a few years. This is nothing new and is not a rumor. Si if you do not see the RO brand bag, you can feel confident by picking up an Ace hardware brand bag of briquettes and know it is RO on the inside!:grin:

Back