In other charcoal News - Roal Oak Briquettes from Ace

Hook_Line_and_Sinker

is Blowin Smoke!
Ace hardware had a sale on the 18 lb Royal Oak BRIQUETTES last week end ( someone posted it here and I can't find the post) but I picked up the last 5 bags from a sort of local ( 30 min drive) Ace

I was informed by the manager that we should see it returning as an ACE hardware branded product --- tonight I looked all over the ace site for the royal oak - and its all been pulled from the site. no reference to it remains , even in the last viewed items list they have which for me showed items I looked at over a month ago as well as a few items I looked at Saturday when I looked at royal oak briquettes.

has anyone tried the Royal OAK BRIQUETTES ? did anyone else pick some up from ACE?

I tried their internet site and that no longer exists. I have a call into their office and I am awaiting a return call to get to the bottom of some of this information.

I posted it last week, and I originally bought 2 bags just to check it out. Burned some last weekend and I LOVE THIS CHARCOAL! It burned nice and hot, burned long, no sparking or ash flying through the air, had a good smell, and even was able to save quite a bit in the Weber after closing up the vents. I liked it so much I went back and bought 10 more bags the next day. Only downside was like all briquettes, it generated a fair amount of ash, but the upside was enough to convince me to get more while it was on sale. I won't be running out for awhile, but will buy it again when I do.

Update:
Royal Oak has been supplying Ace hardware with their store brand bags of briquettes for quite a few years. This is nothing new and is not a rumor. Si if you do not see the RO brand bag, you can feel confident by picking up an Ace hardware brand bag of briquettes and know it is RO on the inside!:grin:

Back