THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyinghogsbbq

Found some matches.
Good Afternoon All!

My name is Kyle and I am new to posting on this forum, but I have to tell you, I am already thoroughly impressed by what I have seen thus far! Already have I learned so much about BBQ from you guys, and for that I am grateful.

About me: I recently completed a four year enlistment in the Marine Corps and I am now going to college at UIC in Chicago. It was while I was stationed in North Carolina that I first fell in love with "real" BBQ. My girlfriend is a native of Eastern North Carolina and took me to several Pig Pickin's where I fell completely in love with their style of BBQ. Growing up in Chicago, BBQ was nothing more than grilling some hamburgers and hot dogs on a grill (and some ribs if lucky). I immediately wanted to learn all I could about their style of BBQ, and after a trip to Austin, of BBQ all across America.

So that is where I am at today, an amateur with a big heart for the art and the dedication to learn. I am going to school for Business. My goal in life is to create jobs and become financially comfortable through my own doings, not working my butt off so some one else can benefit from it (I learned this all to well while in the military). My immediate goal is to do small time BBQ while I am in school for the next couple years. This way, I can learn BBQ slowly and efficiently, and hopefully impress a few friends with my skills!

Currently, I am looking to buy a BBQ smoker trailer that is big enough to cook a lot of meat but small enough to be pulled behind a small truck or a jeep. My budget is around $1500, and not much more. My goal is to eventually take the smoker to some small events in the Midwest and earn my investment back and maybe some more, and cook for some friends an family. If anyone knows of a smoker that fits this bill, please let me know!

So thanks in advance to all members on this forum, all you advice and wisdom is much appreciated for rookies like me! Hopefully I will eventually be able to offer some wisdom of my own one day!

-Kyle

Welcome from Central Indiana...and Thanks for Your Service !!

Welcome! Sounds like you have a good plain! Tuffy Stone says: Plain your Work and Work your Plain.

Thanks for your Service.

Welcome to the board... If your looking for a trailer unit for around that price look for a homemade rig. Something that someone has made from an old 250 fuel oil tank would be a a great size for what your looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back