THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bill-Chicago

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Chicago Southwestern Burbs, but always south of Ma
Name or Nickame
Professor Dickweed
Got a text last week while in the Philippines that BigDog was coming back to Chicago with his wife for her annual conference.

They also have family just a town or two north of me.

Ronelle couldn't make it this time around, but somehow we made it for our third time to Szechuan House in Aurora.

They brought their A game tonight, and the two of us ate for 6.

Scallion Pancake: one of the best we had tonight, cooked a little well done and it was awesome.

Szechuan Dumpling in Spicy Red Sauce: this was a weak note of all of them. Spicy red sauce was not that spicy tonight, nor not very red. I believe there was a bit too much soy in the sauce

Dumpling Saving Grace: we got that little jar of chili oil for the first time tonight, we only had that at the now closed KAty's Dumpling House prior. That. Stuff. Rocks.

House Spicy Dry Chili Rub Wing: killer, killer flavor. Super fresh out of the frying, stayed hot temperature wise for like 15 minutes. Spice wise, perfect amount of heat in the rub.

Szechuan Beef: was more sweet than hot, but had a nice finish note. This came out near the end, so would have been better early on. Not going to be in our regular rotation.

Dry Chili Spare Ribs: we loved these, again! Cooked spares prepared with hot rub and fried with a slight batter of corn starch for crunch. Anyone not tried a fired spare rib really needs to, they are awesome.

Hot and Spicy diced Chicken Chongqing style: this is one of our staples, we ordered extra spicy. Not as hot as when my wife orders extra hot as there is sometimes a biased towards whitey not being able to take the heat. Although the corn starch in the diced chicken might have made them a little too crisp, the red pepper pieces were like potato chips. Again, a little chili oil from the jar kicked it to the level we needed.

Not pictured, 3 chopsticks of rice to tame my stomach. Also not pictured, very clean bathrooms, which was my first time going there in like 8 years. But after the Philippines, I can probably take a much dirtier terlet than I use to. We stayed in some pretty off the beaten path places, and the terlets were... interesting.

Thanks Dog for a great dinner and conversation. Hopefully both wives can join us next time (brother in law too).

Going to try to post the pics in the same order as above.

Here goes.

Attachments

• Scallion Pancake.jpg
    Scallion Pancake.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Dumpling in Spicy Red Sauce.jpg
    Dumpling in Spicy Red Sauce.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Spicy Dry Chili Rub Wing.jpg
    Spicy Dry Chili Rub Wing.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Spicy Szechuan Beef.jpg