THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terry Hesticles

Knows what a fatty is.
I haven't been around much lately, due to not having the time, but I've been Q'ing my arse off on my UDS that I built thanks to this forum.

I remember a few months ago coming across a Carolina vinegar sauce recipe that everyone seemed to really praise. I tried it on pulled pork and holy hell it made the perfect pulled pork even better! I still have some, but I'm worried about it not being good any more. I'm picking up two 7 lb Boston Butts to smoke for my friends and family gathering this Friday to celebrate my brother's birthday as well as Independence Day.

I would like to make a fresh batch, but using the internal search and Google search isn't bringing up what I'm after. Most of the results are for homemade Carolina vinegar-based BBQ sauce. What I'm after is a vinegar sauce recipe that's made by a user here and the only helpful info I can provide is that multiple people seem to praise "[Dude's name here]'s Carolina Vinegar Sauce Recipe".

Does this sound familiar to any one?

I remember a few months ago coming across a Carolina vinegar sauce recipe that everyone seemed to really praise. I tried it on pulled pork and holy hell it made the perfect pulled pork even better! I still have some, but I'm worried about it not being good any more.
The vinegar content is so high, I can't imagine anything can grow in it to cause it to spoil.

But that sauce kicks ass.

Awesome stuff. A little too much vinegar for my Ohio clan so I started cutting it with Sweet Baby Rays at a 50/50 ratio and now they love it.

Back