THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One caveat would be pay attention to the final price. I've seen some cuts marked down at Kroger that were either right at or slightly above the regular price at Sam's Club, Costco, or RD for fresh "just cut today" of the same item. Yellow sticker is a good thing, but then you need to look at the price as well.

Case in point is some "pre-seasoned" boneless skinless chicken breasts my local Kroger had last month. Yellow sticker was around $2.89 a pound after the markdown, but they had fresh, just put out, unseasoned boneless skinless breasts for $1.79 a pound that week. I've got plenty of rub and can apply my own seasoning before I pay the extra $1.10 a pound for a pre-rubbed product that is at it's final sell by date. And my rub will kick Kroger's generic rub's butt all over the parking lot in a head to head match up. Their rub is rather flavorless IMO.

Back