THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bartlett Boneheads will be at Shannon.You guys better lookout because I have the bottom spot covered this year. Maybe just maybe I if they have 60 teams I can be 55th or lower.

Hey Guys. I haven't gotten permission yet from the boss, but I would love to come out and just witness a bbq competition. I've never been to one before and have really only fired up the smoker about 10 times total. I think it would be a blast and would help out anybody however I could. What are the rules on attending and would anyone mind having a newbie hang around?

Thanks,

Mike
I will be there on Thursday night and could use some help. The rest of my team will not show up until Friday afternoon and then I will be covered with plenty of help. Either way stop by for a refreshment.

Bartlett Boneheads

Shannon will be our first official comp. We registered last week, but have not received any additional info yet. Any idea how big the sites are?

For better or worse, I will be joining you!

I'm bringing a case of parsley with me. Anyone want to split part of it? I think we should be able to get 4-5 teams to a case.

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to know some team names for when i'm walking around on Friday/Saturday. I'm hoping to make both days, but will definitely be there on Saturday.

Our team is the Smoke Syndicate (no signage yet, just a brown ez-up with three UDS's). feel free to stop by and say hi. Anybody know what the deadline is for meat check in? If it was on the paperwork, I missed it.

I will be there on Thursday night and could use some help. The rest of my team will not show up until Friday afternoon and then I will be covered with plenty of help. Either way stop by for a refreshment.

Bartlett Boneheads

Thursday or Friday? I don't think i'll be able to make it on Thursday.

Our team is the Smoke Syndicate (no signage yet, just a brown ez-up with three UDS's). feel free to stop by and say hi. Anybody know what the deadline is for meat check in? If it was on the paperwork, I missed it.

Inspection usually starts around noon on Friday. Pretty much open ended after that.

Basically at Shannon, you can have your meat inspected as soon as you pull in...

Thanks guys. I ask because if I remember right, they had a 5:00 PM Friday deadline for meat inspection at Princeton last year.

I've seen folks pulling in at midnight and getting their meat inspected. If you do come that late though, I for sure would arrange that with Mike and Theresa.... :wink:

We're going to this. I see there is a sausage category....what are the rules for this type of thing? Do they inspect your meat, or can you have it seasoned before you get there?

I am not even sure if they inspect sausage? I don't remember Pat. But sausage is basically seasoned meat anyway... That would be my argument..

I don't think they have inspected it in the past. Presentation is anything goes as long as it fits into the standard clam shell.

Back