Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Illinois State BBQ Championship and Butt to Butt - July 9 & 10, Shannon, IL

Received notice they still have room, so my application is going out today. Scottie, thanks for the encouragement.

Why do you think they take my check every year? So it goes to someone else's GC check. Although, I am the sausage king.....

Really looking forward to getting up there to meet some new Brethren!

Couple of questions...Butt to Butt - anything special or different in this than the regular KCBS category rules?
Sausage - we don't usually have this category, ever. Other than the fact that CSC is the Vegas favorite, is a stuffed fatty legal? I have no idea what is acceptable or what is illegal for this. Are their guidelines anywhere? TIA...

Couple of questions...Butt to Butt - anything special or different in this than the regular KCBS category rules?
Sausage - we don't usually have this category, ever. Other than the fact that CSC is the Vegas favorite, is a stuffed fatty legal? I have no idea what is acceptable or what is illegal for this. Are their guidelines anywhere? TIA...

I would call Mike Lake and ask about the rules for the Butt to Butt so you get it straight from him. It is his contest but I believe he follows the KCBS Rules.

Some others should chime in on the sausage but I believe they will let you turn in a fatty. I have in the past and was not DQed.

I will be up there helping my nephew and brother in law break in to competitive BBQ. Looks like a good tough field to suffer one's initial humiliation.

I look forward to meeting all of you up there.

pretty sure sausage has no restrictions..looks like ill be cooking after all..kind of a last minute decision..had plans for weekend fall through

Sausage. No sausage fettucini, no Sausage biscuits and gravy. Sausage.

Have I posted my picture of my sausage trophy from NY??? I am now the sausage king there as well. I should see if there is a sausage circuit... I know I can't compete in the KCBS company....

Sausage also has to fit into a clamshell, unless they change it for this year

Thanks for all of the help everyone. You guys are amazing. I hope I can return the favor some time :-D.

I think I am down to one item needed to borrow: a hot plate/single burner. Not something most people have 2 of. Worst case I'll stop at a WalMart on the drive in to Shannon and pick one up.

We always have a butane table top burner like this
AXXX5LqZSxoTLPredbt29Y93lLg9Xk3B3rKb9i6kD58UphVPPViBnJZj7Ckt_uhei-CMpLuZ7x3aHVKrsMH3UOgi8aSaOEAxrZlGCzS2PqDSj1pUZhhwOwayeINxIGzG0vvyMD35O7vmCpYyJTBL2Nh3C5drRSx7
in the trailer with us. We use it once in a while for dinner, breakfast or side categories, so odds are that ours will be available.

Butt to Butt is open container, open garnish and everyone uses pork tenderloin. :becky: Follow those rules and you'll do fine.

We always have a butane table top burner like this
AXXX5LqZSxoTLPredbt29Y93lLg9Xk3B3rKb9i6kD58UphVPPViBnJZj7Ckt_uhei-CMpLuZ7x3aHVKrsMH3UOgi8aSaOEAxrZlGCzS2PqDSj1pUZhhwOwayeINxIGzG0vvyMD35O7vmCpYyJTBL2Nh3C5drRSx7
in the trailer with us. We use it once in a while for dinner, breakfast or side categories, so odds are that ours will be available.

Ron - You going to be my Butt to Butt side kick again this year?

Back