THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I know you will enjoy the Lang, the stick burners have their place. Mine is too big for most of the cooks I do and not big enough for some of the charity cooks I do (about 2 - 3 times per year) If I had the coin and the chance to do it again I would buy a cabinet smoker. The capacity of my 24"x6' offset for ribs is about the same as a stumps smoker. (unless I use rib racks)

It is tricky sometimes maintaining the fire on the offset, but I enjoy messing with it most of the time.

go with which one just "feels" right for you..4K will get u a great smoker..no matter which path you take..as far as backyard cookers go,no way to go wrong with bubba,backwoods,jambo or klose..its all in what you are lookin for..BUT the set it and forget it guys have a certain advantages over the others..GOOD LUCK BROTHER

For Stick burners I have used Meadow Creek, Jambos and Yoders in the last year.... I really like the Yoder Santa Fe and Chisholm, I've used for the stick portion of the classes I cook. Very easy to control. The Meadow Creek was a little heavy on fuel use, but it was also larger than the lang. The Jambo is the most fuel efficient, but also smaller... it would be about the same size as a santa fe, but out of your price range. Now if it's me, I'd get an FEC100 or a pair of pellet grills for temp versatility... if you want to start a discussion there, jsut let me know! :) (Andy posting in Drag, damn automatic login!)

I'll take you up on the offer smknwhlswife. My FEC is for sale on craigslist and on this site too. I bought a Peoria Custom Cooker. It's offset. Mine has the insulated firebox and stainless dual exhausts. It's a patio model 24x48. Perfect for competition. Runs like a dream and superior build and design.

canopy trailer with a slew of UDS rolling and a sound system. couple of bucks left over too.

what do you want to accomplish?

depends on what you want to "say" and what you want to "do" with your rig.

Back