THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

scm1226

is one Smokin' Farker
Going away next weekend. I want to bring my ribs to the family get together. Do you think I can smoke then foil my ribs then freeze them. Then defrost them and grill them until they are warmed with glaze?
Basically do the 3, the 2 at home freeze and a week later do the 1. Will this work?

Not likely to be as good as fresh of course, but should work pretty well.

I freeze my leftover ribs in vacuum bags and reheat either in boiling water or the microwave, and they come out pretty good. I think your plan should work pretty well.

KC

How many days will fall between your cook and serving them?

I wouldn't freeze them if it is only a few days. If you do need to freeze them, vacuum sealing them would definitely help, but I would avoid it, if you can.

I always cook more ribs than I can eat in one meal. I cook them on Sunday, and eat them a serving at a time for the rest of the week. I just store them in ziplock bags, and re-heat them in the oven.

I do notice a little change in texture if I freeze them. Taste is fine, but the texture isn't exactly the same.

CD

Take this for what it's worth, but I know Famous Dave's pre-smokes their ribs in electric Cookshack smokers and then grill/glaze them to order. I'm not sure how long they hold them though, but I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck.

Gonna cook them on Sunday and have them 9 or 10 days later. That's why I need to freeze them. I am planning on using a vacuum sealer.

Back